SNAPCHAT is testing a new explore feature that could make it a lot more similar to TikTok.
Examples of the trial feature have appeared on Twitter and were confirmed by Snapchat.
A spokesperson for Snap told TechCrunch: “We’re always experimenting with new ways to bring immersive and engaging content to our mobile-first Snapchat community.”
However, the publication said Snap wouldn’t offer specific details about the feature besides saying it was only being tested for a small number of users.
One photo being shared online shows a pop-up explaining the new way to navigate Snapchat.
TikTok users will notice that the interface being trialled looks familiar.
The new swiping gestures are very similar to how users navigate through TikTok.
They are being tested for the Discover page where you can see public content.
The existing navigation method for most users is swiping horizontally between videos.
Users of the new feature will have to swipe vertically because horizontally takes them out of the content.
This feature is currently in its early stages of testing so there has been no confirmation on when it will be rolled out more widely.
Snapchat – what is it?
Here’s what you need to know…
- Snapchat, or Snap, is a multimedia messaging app available around the world
- It was created by former Standford University students Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Reggie Brown
- The first version of Snapchat was released in September 2011
- The main feature of Snapchat is the ability to send self-deleting photos, videos and messages
- These digital missives will wipe themselves from a recipient’s phone after a short time
- Snapchat also offers “Stories”, which allow users to share content visible to multiple users – but that vanishes after 24 hours
- As of 2019, Snapchat has around 190million daily users
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
Sony ‘accidentally leaks image’ of THIRD PS5 that looks better than the first two
WHATS GOING ON?
Thousands of frustrated WhatsApp users around the world report problems
You’ve been reading the wrong horoscope for years because the stars have moved
Mind-blowing video shows ‘Godzilla dust cloud’ racing from Sahara to America
World’s population will start shrinking within 45 years, experts claim
Milky Way could be hiding 36 ALIEN races with closest 17,000 lightyears away
In other news, WhatsApp users are being warned about modified versions of the app that could leave them vulnerable to hackers.
Fortnite mega-star Ninja has ditched TikTok over issues with the way the controversial app handles user data.
And, Tinder has started testing a new ‘virtual dating’ feature that will let you video chat with your potential lover.
How often do you user Snapchat? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
- Mum's incredible Instagram 'illusion' cakes that look just like savoury dinners
- CRAIG BROWN: Why celebrities are just like vegetables
- GhostCodes makes it easy to discover new Snapchat users [Video]
- Nothing Is Flattening Music Like TikTok
- How to make apps with Swift 5 on Mac
- Budget-friendly ways to make your home feel like a hotel room this Chinese New Year
- iPad apps we'd like to see
- La Niña could supercharge this year's tornado season, just like it did to deadly effect in 2011
- Primark Nude Collection Foundation looks exactly like Kim Kardashian’s makeup line
- New rules will make Ola, Uber's life tougher
- Trump issues orders for US ban on WeChat, TikTok in 45 days
- Here’s how Apple could overhaul ‘macOS 11’ w/ a redesign, universal apps, and more [Gallery]
- Redesigned iMac and G4 Cube-like Mac Pro coming
- How developers are making apps for an Apple Watch they haven't seen yet
- Find My: How to use Apple’s new all-in-one app to find friends and devices
- Woman asks if gran will notice she dyed hair after fail makes her look like 'smurfette'
- What's new in the News app for iOS 12 and macOS?
- 'I've been charged twice after deleting the app': Kayla Itsines continues to come under fire for her controversial app, with fans claiming they are TRAPPED in their subscriptions
- Polar's new tracker measures heart rate from just about anywhere
- Why the new Mac mini makes me concerned about the upcoming Mac Pro
New Snapchat redesign makes the app look just like TikTok – and it could come to your phone any day now have 779 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.