The Duchess of Sussex has identified the five close friends who gave an interview to People magazine criticising her father – but denies she authorised them to do it in the latest bombshell documents released as part of her High Court battle against the Press. Meghan Markle is suing MailOnline’s owner Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL) over an article in The Mail On Sunday which reproduced parts of a handwritten note she had sent to her father Thomas Markle in August 2018. In the documents, the 38-year-old has also claimed she felt ‘unprotected’ by the ‘institution’ of the Royal Family and could not defend herself against false claims levelled against her, which highlights divisions between the Cambridge and Sussex households before she stepped down as a senior royal with Prince Harry in March in what was dubbed ‘Megxit’. ANL has said Mr Markle shared the letter only after Meghan’s friends – who could be called to give evidence at a possible trial in late 2020 or early 2021 – gave an interview about it to the US magazine People, which he felt vilified him, and he wanted to show it was not the tender message they had suggested. Today, new legal… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle phones Labour MP Holly Lynch to thank her for writing open letter signed by 72 female politicians including Diane Abbott and Jess Phillips supporting her after 'distasteful' media coverage
- Meghan Markle's dad 'made up heart surgery story so he could miss royal wedding'
- Why I shared Meghan's 'hurtful' letter: Duchess's father Thomas Markle reveals he kept note secret for SIX MONTHS and never intended share it until HER friends spoke to a US magazine about it and 'misrepresented' its contents
- Meghan calls to thank British female MPs for showing solidarity in open letter
- EXCLUSIVE - Newlyweds Misha Nonoo and oil heir Mikey Hess host Ivanka, Karlie Kloss, Wendi Deng Murdoch and Scooter Braun for pasta lunch at their Rome hotel as Harry and Meghan fly home
- Fox & Friends Pans NABJ’s ‘Journalist of the Year’
- Meghan King says she's 'broken' as she speaks out about her split from husband Jim Edmonds in blog post... and claims he went 'partying and drinking with younger women' including 'several of our babysitters' and his daughter
- Reese Witherspoon Named As Witness in Ryan Phillippe Trial
- Defense lawyer of high school student who fatally stabbed classmate after 'years of bullying for being gay' claims his actions were 'totally justified' and brands him a 'fierce queen' who did nothing wrong
- Balloon boy's parents speak out a decade after the stunt that transfixed the nation to claim it was NOT a hoax and they believed their six-year-old son was trapped inside runaway helium 'flying saucer'
Meghan Markle names in court papers the five friends behind that People article about her father but denies she authorised them to do it - and claims she was 'unprotected by the Institution' of the Royal Family while she was pregnant have 442 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 1, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.