A tutor from India’s remote Kalahandi district in Odisha has become a viral sensation for a rap song in which he expresses anguish over the plight of migrant labourers.
Duleswar Tandi, who goes by the pseudonym ‘Rapper Dule Rocker’ is himself facing financial hardship due to lockdown curbs. He says he wants to question the government on the plight of the poor, who he feels have been abandoned by the authorities, the People’s Archive of Rural India, a non-profilt organization, quotes him as saying.
In Kalahandi district, Duleshwar Tandi – ‘Rapper Dule Rocker’ – a tuition teacher, construction worker and occasional migrant, expresses anguish through this song at the plight of migrants in the lockdown. @DuleRocker pic.twitter.com/3uVc9g4soD
— The People’s Archive (@PARInetwork) July 8, 2020
The rapper says he has expressed his pain through songs as he seeks to highlight the plight of the poor.
Tandi, who has a passion for rapping, is a science graduate. Since his video has gone viral in social media, he is receiving praise for his “powerful” rapping.
Amazing!!! It is not a usual rap, it is filled with rare passion and angst. https://t.co/qlEGkg1M6v
— Jyoti Yadav (@jyotiyadaav) July 8, 2020
The 27-year-old tutor says that the poor have to “raise a voice against the powerful”.
“Maybe the government does not want to provide relief – let the poor remain poor otherwise, no one will support the government,” Tandi is quoted by the People’s Archive of Rural India as saying.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared a national lockdown on 24 March to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. The country is now in the second stage of unlocking and a lot of migrant labourers have started returning to the cities.
- ‘Mudi Rap’, a hard-hitting Malayalam song on haircut, is going viral
- ‘Mudi Rap’, a hard-hitting Malayalam song on haircuts, is going viral
- This Week in Rap: Underground Vets Reunite, Shy Glizzy Continues to Impress, and More
- High on 'Ecstasy': Excited Indian Politician Turns Rapper Over Ram Temple, Eminem Got Nothing on Him
- Alt and Straight TikTok Both Agree on Rapper Ppcocaine
- New Pakistani Cricket Ad Mocks Indian Fighter Pilot Downed Over Kashmir, Draws Ire Online
- TikTok Can’t Stop Making Videos With ‘Hood Baby’ by KBFR
- Kylie Jenner flaunts cleavage in plunging leopard print bodysuit during SURPRISE appearance in Cardi B's and Megan Thee Stallion's WAP music video
- Before bloodshed: Where Gavin Long stayed, what he preached, odd encounters all on video
- Taylor Swift Released a New Single. The Stakes Are High
- These are the twins whose first-time reaction to hearing Phil Collins has captured the internet
- Ben Shapiro Reads the Censored Lyrics to Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion's 'WAP' & He Can't Handle It
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Dominique Fishback Talk the True 'Power' Behind Creativity Ahead of Netflix's 'Project Power'
- Opinion: With Badshah on the mat, can others be far behind?
- Movie marketing in India enters adolescence
- Ellen DeGeneres' most excruciating interviews - from Kanye rant to Dakota Johnson feud
- Are RSS's fears about Tik Tok true? Here's what you should know
- Corruption in China's Army, substandard Dongfeng military vehicle led to death of its soldiers at Galwan Valley
- Money Heist’s Rio has an India connect, starred in a desi ad years ago. Watch
- ‘Hamilton’ Mania! Backstage at the Cultural Event of Our Time
Indian ‘Rapper Duel Rocker’ Questions Government Through Rap Song in Viral Video have 553 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 8, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.