Frida Ghitis, a former CNN producer and correspondent, is a world affairs columnist. She is a frequent opinion contributor to CNN, a contributing columnist to the Washington Post and a columnist for World Politics Review. Follow her on Twitter @fridaghitis. The opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author. Read more opinion on CNN. (CNN)President Donald Trump paused to strafe the country with lies once again Tuesday morning, before climbing aboard a helicopter for a series of campaign events in Arizona, including another life-endangering crowded campaign rally. On the White House lawn, Trump clarified one of the most outrageous statements from Saturday’s Tulsa rally, when he told admirers who risked infection to see him that the number of coronavirus cases in the United States is climbing because the US is testing more people. Therefore, Trump said he told his people to “slow the testing down please.” Frida Ghitis Because testing saves lives, his staff rushed to clean up the mess, with multiple officials claiming Trump was joking. But on Tuesday, when asked about his comments, the President declared, “I don’t kid.” With that, Trump crushed the credibility of his loyal staff, leaving them for roadkill on the littered… Read full this story
- Conspiracy theory claims Trump is a 'secret genius who pretended to collude with Russia to defeat child sex traffickers'
- The inside story of how Trump's Chief of Staff lost his power
- Donald Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen says FBI agents were ‘professional and courteous’ when they raided his office
- Donald Trump asked FBI boss James Comey to investigate ‘golden shower tape’ to reassure Melania
- James Comey's book 'A Higher Loyalty' likens Donald Trump to a mafia boss who is 'ego driven and about personal loyalty'
- Viral photo of caged ‘migrant child separated from parents at US border’ was actually taken at anti-Trump protest in Texas
- What is an executive order, how many has Donald Trump signed and what is the immigration order?
- Opinion: Don’t worry about the protests, Trump, we don’t abandon friends – even if they put kids in cages
- As Hope Hicks departs the White House faces a difficult time replacing a key member of Trump's inner circle
- James Comey compares Trump to mob boss during interview set 'to shock the president'
Trump is not 'kidding,' he's lying have 373 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 24, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.