After decades of trying, agents are finally getting their day at the Oscars. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Board of Governors voted on Sunday to reclassify the membership status of Artists’ Representatives and now will allow them to vote like other active members. Previously they were Associates without those privileges. Now they have been moved into Members-at-Large, a catchall for voting members without a specific branch of their own. The Academy is composed of 17 branches, for the crafts ranging from Actors to Writers, and two membership status categories, Members-at-Large and Associates, to accommodate individuals whose work in the motion picture industry is not specific to one of the branches. The reclassification applies to those agents who already are Associates in AMPAS and to those who will be invited to join the Academy this year. That annual list of new members will be released Tuesday. This has been a goal of agents for decades, and many attempts have been made in the past to get them a vote. There was strong opposition over the years from some members of the Academy who felt it was a profession not integrally involved in the actual making of motion pictures…. Read full this story
- AMPAS Re-Elects John Bailey As President For A Second Term
- Lizzo named Entertainer Of The Year while Jamie Foxx and Michael B Jordan are honored for their roles in Best Picture winner Just Mercy at NAACP Images Awards
- Map in widely used U.S. history textbook refers to enslaved Africans as "immigrants," CBS News analysis finds
- Oakland school board votes to close middle school as budget cuts loom
- Reliability of pricey new voting machines questioned
- No Time To Die star Ana de Armas admits she feared portraying an 'unrelatable' Bond girl would 'ruin' all the hard work she'd put into her career
- How Parasite’s best picture triumph alters the character of Oscars
- Hollywood’s Academy Expelled Harvey Weinstein. But The National Academy Of Sciences Hasn’t Ousted Sexual Harassers.
- It’s Time to Get Serious About Bernie Sanders
- This time it is: Anyone but Buhari … – Oby Ezekwesili
Motion Picture Academy Board Reclassifies Agents And Gives Them Full Voting Rights For First Time In AMPAS History have 343 words, post on deadline.com at June 29, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.