Burna Boy released "Wonderful," a bright new single that hints at reggaeton, on Thursday. It's the Nigerian star's first release since March's "Odogwu."
The crisp beat underpinning "Wonderful" ensures that it'll be at home on dance floors — once they re-open — around the Atlantic; it also seems ready made for radio mix-shows. While the drum programming is lean, the single gains a jolt from reverential harmonies made up of Burna Boy's own multi-tracked voice, a cheerful, pinging riff that sounds like it was played on a xylophone, and a jaunty horn line.
"Wonderful" precedes Twice as Tall , Burna Boy's upcoming album, which is set for release later this summer. It follows last year's African Giant , which has earned more than 162 million streams to date in the U.S., according to the analytics company Alpha Data. 2019 also saw Burna Boy contribute to Dave's "Location" (Top 10 in the U.K.), Beyoncé's The Lion King: The Gift (which debuted at Number Two in the U.S.), and Stormzy's "Own It" (Number One in the U.K.). In addition, he earned a Grammy nomination for Best World Music Album.
"One thing that's constant [in my career] is growth," the singer told Rolling Stone last year . "It's not an up and down thing. I climbed every step. I don't skip steps — I'm too heavy to skip steps."
- La Bouche New Single “Night After Night” available on August 14, 2018
- A guide to Phoenix's top fall concerts: Fall Out Boy, the Chainsmokers, Chase Rice
- IHSAA boys basketball 2017 preview: An Insider's look from A to Z
- The 17 best albums of 2017
- Arts preview: Your guide to more than 30 events this winter
- Eagles Now Have The #1 Album Of All Time
- The story behind the new Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary
- IAAPA expo unveils wild new rides
- 'Thank God I'm a country boy': How showing pigs taught this Iowan hard work and an entrepreneurial spirit
- How ‘Summer in the City’ Became the Soundtrack for Every City Summer
- Phoenix concert news: Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Weezer & Pixies, Styx, Maroon 5
- Phoenix concert news: Florida Georgia Line at Birds Nest, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Weezer
- Phoenix concert news: Adam Ant, Florida Georgia Line at Birds Nest, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
- Phoenix concert news: Phil Lesh leads Pot of Gold Festival lineup
- Phoenix concert news: Dweezil Zappa, Brad Paisley, Pot of Gold Festival lineup, Adam Ant
- Phoenix concert news: Jerry Seinfeld, Big Boi, Cool Kids, Dweezil Zappa, Brad Paisley
- Phoenix concert news: Juanes, Jerry Seinfeld, Big Boi, Cool Kids, Dweezil Zappa
- Phoenix concert news: Juanes, Dixie Dregs, Jerry Seinfeld, Big Boi, Cool Kids, Dweezil Zappa
- Phoenix concert news: Pod Save America, Juanes, Dixie Dregs, Jerry Seinfeld, Big Boi, Cool Kids
- November local music picks for Phoenix: The Maine, AZ Hip Hop Festival, Pistoleros
Burna Boy Previews ‘Twice as Tall’ Album With New Single ‘Wonderful’ have 486 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at June 25, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.