Just one day after Texas and much of California again ordered the closure of bars and nightclubs, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey did the same. He also included waterparks, gyms and movie theaters. Moreover, Ducey indicated that the closures would continue for at least the next month.
In May, Ducey indicated that Movie theaters could reopen on May 15. But on Monday, with some hospitals in the state nearing 90 percent capacity, he recanted.
“We must be clear-eyed,” Ducey Tweeted. “The next few weeks will be hard. But these steps combined with stepped-up compliance with public health guidance can make a difference, and we’re grateful to Arizonans for their cooperation.”
Ducey also banned events of more than 50 people and implored his constituents to stay home over the Fourth of July weekend.
Arizona has been one of the hardest-hit states in the hard-hit American West. California has been rolling back reopening in critical areas of the state as its rate of test positivity hits 5.5 percent, with 9.0 percent in Los Angeles. Arizona, by comparison, had a 9.6 percent positivity rate as of Monday.
The exhibition biz has been hpummeled financially with theaters closed since March. The summer theatrical release schedule dominoes fell again last week, with Warner Bros. moving Christopher Nolan’s Tenet back again. This time the blockbuster moved from Friday, July 31, to Wednesday, August 12.
- Emails Show How Uber Wooed Arizona Governor Before Fatal Crash Ruined Their Relationship
- Arizona governor faces pressure over McCain replacement
- Uber packs up failed self-driving car trial in California and moves to Arizona
- Arizona suspends Uber’s self-driving car testing after fatality
- Arizona gov to wait until after McCain's burial to name successor
- Waymo’s self-driving minivans are now offering rides to real people in Arizona
- Uber’s self-driving cars are now picking up passengers in Arizona
- Self-driving Uber kills Arizona woman in first fatal crash involving pedestrian
- Kanye West's 'Jesus is King' will premiere in IMAX theaters
- Read these 19 epic science fiction books before they’re made into movies
- ‘Justice League’: Everything we know about the movie so far
- New York Comic Con: All the TV and movie panels you won’t want to miss
- The Rock Teases David Hasselhoff & Pam Anderson Cameos In The Baywatch Movie
- Accessible Arizona: saddling up for a cowboy adventure
- Avengers: Endgame finally passes Avatar as the biggest movie of all time
- ‘Texas Monthly’ LIVE to bring stories of Lone Star State to life
- io9's Greatest Movies of the Past 10 Years
- Do the wrong thing: 90 years, 90 movies that should have been nominated for Best Picture
- All Marvel and DC Movies Scheduled to Be Released Through 2022
- Joker Movie Crosses $600 Million, Joins Top 10 at Worldwide Box Office for 2019
Arizona Governor Doug Ducey Closes Movie Theaters For At Least A Month have 513 words, post on deadline.com at June 29, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.