If you're puzzling over which iPhone you should buy , but you lack the funds for a new model, then you may be tempted to pick up an older iPhone. Apple continues to support iPhones for several years after release, and they tend to perform well for a long time. The oldest iPhone that Apple now sells is the iPhone XR , making both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S a bit long in the tooth. If you're choosing between the two devices, though, we're happy to help you decide.
The successor to Apple's iPhone 6 was the iPhone 6S . It looks identical to its predecessor, so you may be wondering what the difference is. Below, we spell out the hardware specifications of both iPhones and dip into an analysis of the categories where you're likely to see the biggest differences.
Apple iPhone 6S
Apple iPhone 6
|Size||138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 inches)||138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 inches)|
|Weight||143 grams (5.04 ounces)||129 grams (4.55 ounces)|
|Screen size||4.7 inches||4.7 inches|
|Screen resolution||1334 x 750 pixels (326 pixels per inch)||1334 x 750 pixels (326 pixels per inch)|
|Operating system||iOS 13||iOS 12|
|Storage space||16GB, 64GB, 128GB||16GB, 64GB, 128GB|
|MicroSD card slot||No||No|
|Tap-to-pay services||Apple Pay||Apple Pay|
|Processor||A9 chip with 64-bit architecture, M9 motion coprocessor||A8 chip with 64-bit architecture, M8 motion coprocessor|
|Camera||12MP rear, 5MP front||8MP rear, 1.2MP front|
|Video||2160p at 30fps, 1080p up to 120fps, 720p at 240fps||1080p at 60fps, 720p at 240fps|
|Ports||Lightning port, 3.5mm audio jack||Lightning port, 3.5mm audio jack|
|Fingerprint sensor||Touch ID||Touch ID|
|App marketplace||Apple App Store||Apple App Store|
|Network support||T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint||T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint|
|Colors||Space Gray, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold||Space Gray, Silver, Gold|
|Price||$150 and up||$110 and up|
|Review score||4.5 out of 5 stars||4.5 out of 5 stars|
Every new iPhone is faster than those that came before, and the iPhone 6S is no exception. Apple jumped from the A8 chipset that was in the iPhone 6 to its A9 chipset. Similarly, the 6S upgraded from the M8 coprocessor to the M9. These upgrades translate to faster processing speeds — about 70 percent faster, according to Apple. The
The iPhone 6S actually has a smaller battery than the iPhone 6, but the more efficient processor balances things out and it tends to last a bit longer on an average day. Both charge via the Lightning port and take a similar length of time to juice up.
Winner: Apple iPhone 6S
In terms of look and size, there isn't much of a difference between the two, in fact, you'll struggle to tell them apart. The iPhone 6S is 0.01 inches thicker and half an ounce heavier, but those are hardly noticeable differences. Both phones are 5.44 inches tall by 2.64 inches wide, and both feature a 4.7-inch display. Both have the headphone jacks, a Lightning port for charging, and that iconic Touch ID home button that was a feature of iPhones for many years.
Both phones are aluminum, so they're pretty tough, but the iPhone 6S is built from superior Series 7000 aluminum, which should be a little stronger. This change may have been a response to the bendgate furor around the iPhone 6 Plus .
Both of these iPhones have a 4.7-inch display with a 1334 x 750-pixel resolution, which works out to 326 pixels per inch. There's no dividing them here. Only the 6S has Apple's 3D Touch technology, but we'll deal with that in the special features section below. Visually speaking, there's no difference between these displays.
The iPhone 6S blows the iPhone 6 out of the water in the camera department with a seriously beefed-up main camera and a much-improved selfie camera. The main camera is rated at 12 megapixels, up from 8 megapixels, and the front-facing camera has jumped to 5 megapixels from a woefully inadequate 1.2 megapixels. The 6S is also capable of shooting 4K resolution video, while the iPhone 6 is limited to 1080p. You can expect to capture much better photos with the
Winner: Apple iPhone 6S
Initially, the iPhone 6 launched with iOS 8, and the iPhone 6S launched with iOS 9. Since then, the iPhone 6 has maxed out with iOS 12, but the
Winner: iPhone 6S
Immediately apparent is the inclusion of the 3D touch feature on the iPhone 6S. Essentially, 3D Touch is enabled by a pressure-sensitive screen that can pick up on how hard you press the display. You can lightly press to peek into things, for example lightly pressing on a photo in your gallery will give you a pop-up preview. You can press harder to pop straight into the content.
The iPhone 6S also supports a slightly newer and better Bluetooth version and it comes in Rose Gold, which is not an option with the iPhone 6.
Winner: Apple iPhone 6S
If you want to buy an iPhone 6S or an iPhone 6 today, then you'll likely be buying a refurbished handset or a used phone. Prices vary widely, but you can pick up an iPhone 6 starting from around $110 and an
There's no doubt that the iPhone 6S is a better phone. There isn't a huge gap between them; the main differences are the improved performance and the better cameras in the
- The best iPad stands for 2021
- Vivo X70 Pro+ Review: Lives up to the promise, but just try finding one
- Best cheap iPhone deals and sales for October 2021
- Apple October 2021 event: M1X MacBook Pro, AirPods 3, and more
- The best laptop brands for 2021
- Apple iPhone 9 leaked video shows how Apple’s upcoming iPhone in four new colours
- Samsung Galaxy S20 vs iPhone 11 – specs, differences and which is better?
- The best Apple iPhone deals for February 2020
- Best smartphone deals for February 2020: iPhone, Samsung, and Google Pixel
- Is Face ID everything Apple claims? This unscientific test finds out
- Report: Apple ‘Slowing Down’ Older iPhone Models
- Geekbench results show link between iPhone performance and battery age
- A new low-cost iPhone is coming in March—and it’s a smart move for Apple
- Benchmarks suggest Apple doesn't slow down old iPhones with each new iOS release, but users still complain of lag
- Two countries are now investigating Apple over iPhone planned obsolescence
- Apple hit with $27 million fine for slowing down old iPhones
- Massive storage, big screen, sleek design and more: Apple's new range of iPhones for every user
- Samsung’s flagship phone lineup is massive. Here are 5 reasons for that
- Flipkart Apple Days 2020: Get offers on iPhone 11 series, iPhone XS and more
- Samsung Galaxy S20 vs S10 vs S9 – specs, differences and is it worth the upgrade?
- Apple may unveil largest-ever iPhone with crisper OLED screen and major software upgrade
- Galaxy S20 vs Galaxy S11: Samsung's rumored name change makes my head spin
- The best waterproof phones for 2020
- What the Death of iTunes Says About Our Digital Habits
- The best gaming phones for 2020
Apple iPhone 6 vs. iPhone 6S: Does an Older Phone Still Cut It? | Digital Trends have 1300 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at June 24, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.