Director Bong Joon-ho accepting this year’s Best Foreign Language Film Golden Globe award for Parasite in January. Photo: Paul Drinkwater/NBCUniversal Media, LLC via Getty Images With the future of the theater industry still up in the air due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association has decided they need to cut international filmmakers a little slack too, if we have any chance at another Parasite next year. According to Variety, HFPA announced Friday that foreign language films will not need a theatrical run in their own country to be eligible for the 2021 Golden Globes. In past, non-pandemic years, movies required a theatrical release in their nation of origin sometime between October 1 and December 31 prior to the awards. Per the organization’s new rule, “Foreign-language motion pictures that had a bona fide theatrical release planned to begin in their country of origin during the period from March 15 until a date to be determined by HFPA when cinemas in that country have generally reopened, may instead be released in any country in any format (e.g. a motion picture format such as in theatres or on pay-per-view or a television format such as subscription streaming service, subscription… Read full this story
- Can foreign-language films ever win over Hollywood?
- Parasite's historic best picture Oscar is a first for a foreign language film
- Parasite makes Oscars history as first foreign language film to win best picture
- 'Parasite' creates history, becomes first foreign language film to win Best Picture at Oscars
- 2015 Golden Globes: full list of nominations
- Politics take center stage at the Golden Globes, as '1917' and 'Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood' take top prizes
- Did Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais go TOO far? Comedian jokes about Jeffrey Epstein and Prince Andrew as he eviscerates 'woke' Hollywood, telling stars: 'If ISIS started a streaming service, you'd call your agent'
- How the Golden Globes Just Turned the Best Picture Race Upside Down
- When are Golden Globes Awards 2015? Nominees, hosts and everything you need to know
- Golden Globes 2020: Fleabag and 1917 lead British invasion with major wins
The Golden Globes Suspend Their Foreign Language Film Eligibility Rules As Well have 340 words, post on www.vulture.com at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.