While it may be true that — as the narrator for the Fallout games always tells us — “war never changes,” not every war movie is the same. Whether they’re covering conflicts in the past or visions of the future, following soldiers on the ground or heroes in the air, the history of cinema includes no shortage of war movies. On Netflix’s streaming service, there’s almost always a diverse crop of films showing both the heroism and the horror of wartime. Here’s what we think are the best war movies you’re likely to find on Netflix right now. Hamburger Hill The Vietnamese name is Dong Ap Bia and the official American military name for it was Hill 37, but in the west it would become best known as the name it earned after a dreadful battle in 1969 — Hamburger Hill, named for how “chewed up” the combatants were. John Irvin directed 1987’s Hamburger Hill, recruiting a cast of largely unknowns at the time like Dylan McDermott and Don Cheadle. The film — one of the most acclaimed war films in the history of cinema — is an affecting depiction of not only the hell the soldiers went through, but the… Read full this story
- The 5 best war movies to binge-watch this weekend
- The 10 best movies of 2017 (so far), ranked
- Netflix's 'Derek' marks a change of character for Ricky Gervais
- Anthony Michael Hall recruited for Brad Pitt Netflix movie, 'War Machine'
- 'Five Came Back' looks at Hollywood in World War II
- These 10 women have directed movies we can't wait to see
- Netflix in December: What's arriving/leaving
- Best of Fest: Montclair Film Fest director offers his picks
- 'Detroit' movie's world premiere set for Motor City
- Joel Hodgson and Jonah Ray on the Netflix return of 'MST3K'
The best war movies on Netflix have 286 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at May 21, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.