Enhanced Subway cleaning is underway in New York City. Ultraviolet light will be used in an attempt to rid public transport of coronavirus. The city’s public transport system will be closed overnight from Wednesday to allow for daily cleaning of the trains for the essential workers using them while most city residents are staying at home. Police and outreach workers will handle the homeless people who have been sleeping on the subway – which has run around the clock for more than a century – New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said at a weekend briefing yesterday, offering to get them services and shelter. Meanwhile the modern ultraviolet technology will be trialed to clean trains, buses and work areas in the city next week, officials announced on Sunday. A New York City MTA transit worker cleans a subway car, during the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in New York City on Monday more videos 1 2 3 Watch video Angry Mercedes driver demands paramedics move ambulance Watch video Donald Trump claims he DID have a pandemic plan Watch video Holly Willoughby reveals she was scared to return to This Morning Watch video Cyclists path blocked after two women laid traps on a… Read full this story
- Brother of two missing Idaho children asks people to 'pray for the best' on Christmas Eve and says his family is working with police to find them
- U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe says she wants to meet AOC and Pelosi because 'they believe in the same things we do' - and doubles down on Trump criticism, telling him 'your message is excluding people'
- Parents of two missing Idaho children issue a statement calling themselves 'loving' and 'devoted' people as it's revealed they're 'part of a religious cult' and are named 'persons of interest'
- First of 4,000 people stranded at Mallacoota are loaded onto Navy rescue boats as historic evacuation begins - and grave fears grow for 28 people missing with MORE bushfires forecast for tomorrow
- New Year’s Eve Crowds Start Pouring Into Times Square To Ring In 2020
- Ma Anand Sheela, Villain of Netflix’s ‘Wild Wild Country,’ Has No Regrets
- ‘Joker’ Production Designer Mark Friedberg On His Initial Reluctance To Work On Warner Bros. Pic & Embracing The Strange Beauty Of A Crumbling World
- Searching For Google CEO Sundar Pichai, The Most Powerful Tech Giant You've Never Heard Of
- Best Black Friday Deals 2019: Final Update
- He hunted black men with a Roman sword. Then he stabbed one to spark a ‘race war’
Subway cleaning gets underway - around sleeping homeless people - as MTA says it will use ultraviolet lights to kill coronavirus on NYC subways, buses have 406 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.