Leicester are on course to reach the Champions League, with the Foxes sitting third in the Premier League table prior to the coronavirus halting top-flight action. A remarkable season has seen them equal the Premier League’s record for the biggest ever win with the 9-0 triumph at Southampton, as they sit above the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal in the standings. The impressive campaign in Rodgers’ first full season since joining from Celtic comes after Leicester finished ninth last season, with O’Neill – who managed them between 1995 and 2000, winning two EFL Cups – impressed by what he has seen. He thinks Leicester’s unbelievable 2016 league success catapulted the club to a new level of stardom, helping to set foundations that make the current team more likely to remain a leading force. “Do I think that Leicester can make the Champions League? Oh, very much so,” O’Neill said to Stats Perform News. “They are in a terrific position. They have played very, very well, they have played a nice brand of football as well. So, good credit to the manager, Brendan, he’s done very well there. “Their season when they won the league was absolutely and… Read full this story
- Premier League Player of the Season tracker
- Premier League Fantasy Picks: Back Kane to make north London derby history
- Five best signings in the Premier League in 2020
- Football fans CAN return to live games from December 2 with Premier League stadiums open as rules and tiers change
- Fans back in grounds this week for Premier League matches
- Woodward says Man Utd to back Solskjaer with ‘long-term’ summer transfers
- Kavita Kaushik's husband Ronnit Biswas claims Abhinav Shukla has 'severe alcohol problems', says 'Had to call cops on him'
- Final Cut Pro X vs. Adobe Premiere Pro: Which video editor should you use?
- Kavita Kaushik's husband Says Abhinav Shukla Has Severe Alcohol Problem; Adds He Drunk-Called Kavita
- Bigg Boss 14, written update: Kavita Kaushik saves Eijaz, nominates Aly Goni
Premier League title gives Leicester 'stardom', says former boss O'Neill have 334 words, post on www.mykhel.com at May 26, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.