(CNN) — Being unable to afford air conditioning or wanting to save more by using it less is a normal circumstance for some of us. Usually, in addition to using a few life hacks to stay cool, we would go see a movie, take a dip in the pool or visit an air-conditioned public facility to find some relief from hot summer temperatures. But the pandemic has rendered those remedies inaccessible in many places. Many are closed for safety precautions, so when the heat becomes unbearable, it could feel like there’s no place left to go. However, there are ways to feel comfortable without cranking the air conditioning unit or going without. Here are more than 12 methods for cooling your body and buffering your house from the outside heat. Stay hydrated When you’re hot and flushed, hydrating yourself is the first and foremost step to cooling down, said Wendell Porter, a senior lecturer in agricultural and biological engineering at the University of Florida. The temperature of the water doesn’t matter since your body will heat it, he added. If your body is suffering from the heat and needs to cool itself, it can’t perform the function without enough moisture. Take a cold shower or bath Taking a… Read full this story
- Staying Out For The Summer: RPS Social Club
- HP Omen's ear-cooling Mindframe headset is actually sort of brilliant
- The Flare Path: Belt-Fed, Bipod-Mounted, Beer-Cooled
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Preview
- Bastion Kicks Off the Summer of Arcade Today
- Cooler Master and AMD team up on an easy-to-install air cooler for Threadripper
- Wear masks, stay hydrated, avoid early morning walks: Steps to follow as air quality deteriorates
- Call of Duty WW2 Days of Summer Community Event Adds New Sandbox Map and Aerial Dogfights
- MacBook Air 2016 Release Date, News & Update: Launch Date Revealed? Could Be Later Than Expected?
- Video games and the life of summer
How To Stay Cool Without Air Conditioning This Summer have 321 words, post on sacramento.cbslocal.com at May 24, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.