An articulated vehicle loaded with petrol otherwise known as Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and heading to Anambra from Delta State crashed and spilled its contents on the Niger Bridge Wednesday.
An eyewitness told journalists in Onitsha, that the accident occurred about 8:30 a.m., when the propeller of the vehicle with registration number NKR41XA, allegedly pulled out from the engine on the bridge.
The eyewitness stated that the development resulted in the loss of control of the vehicle by the driver, and it subsequently hit the bridge to avoid collision with other vehicles.
“He (the driver) was lucky because the tanker is hanging on the protective side rail, which prevented it from tumbling, otherwise, it would have been a different case now,” he said.
The Spokesman of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Anambra, Mr. Pascal Anigbo, who confirmed the incident, however, said no death or injury was reported from the scene.
He said: “About 8.30 a.m. on May 6, 2020, a Mack Truck (Tanker), with the registration number NKR41XA laden with fuel, crashed at the border between Delta and Anambra.
“The two occupants of the vehicle did not sustain any injury.
“The Acting Unit Commander, FRSC Onitsha Unit Command, Mr. Isaac Komolafe, called the Fire Service, which responded immediately to prevent any fire incident.
“Meanwhile, the FRSC officials have cordoned off the area, and are managing traffic.”
He advised motorists to heed the call of the State Sector Commander, Mr. Andrew Kumapayi, that all vehicles must be in good working condition before embarking on any trip. (NAN)
- Marine Corps unit involved in mid-air crash in Japan last year that killed six posted SELFIES, read books and groomed their beards on flights, report reveals
- Vauxhall helicopter crash: two die after aircraft hits crane
- Over 50 Dead, 100 Suffer Burns in Oil Tanker Road Incident in Congo - Reports
- Iraqi security forces break up protests in Battle of the Bridges
- Warri/Sapele, Sango-Ota, Yola-Jalingo: Nigerians name bad roads, after Fashola’s comment
- First shipment of fracked shale gas set to arrive in UK
- Iraqi forces shoot at protesters killing four in Baghdad
- Iraqi forces kill four protesters in Baghdad, southern port blocked
- Iraqi forces kill six protesters in Baghdad, southern port blocked
- Shipping industry must act to meet emissions targets, path unclear - IRENA
- ‘It just went boom’: Horrifying moment tourist is caught in petrol station explosion
- Iraq: Deaths mount amid deadly protests
- ‘This Week’ Transcript: Rep. Peter King and Sen. Chris Murphy
- Operations resume at Iraqi port, oil refinery after protesters leave: sources
- Tech to take insurance to the next level
- Axis of looming disaster: How trucks, failed roads have turned Ajegunle, Satellite Town, others into hell for residents
- Latest: Kincade Fire reaches edge of Tubbs Fire burn scar
- Northern California fire and power crisis could last for days as powerful winds persist
- How one NYC data center survived Hurricane Sandy
- Live updates: Kincade Fire grows to 16,000 acres, 5 percent contained
Fuel tanker crashes on Niger Bridge have 535 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.