New Delhi: The Islamic holy month of Ramadan or Ramzan comes to an end with much-awaited Eid celebrations after a 30-day long fasting ritual, known as Rozas. Muslims across the globe eagerly wait for Eid to celebrate the festival with much gusto and fervour. Eid-ul-Fitr or Eid-al-Fitr marks the end of the 30-day period of fasting or Rozas. Eid-ul-Fitr is the first and only day in the month of Shawwal during which Muslims are not permitted to fast. The day and date of Eid may vary depending upon different time zones and moon sighting. The date of Eid will be decided upon the moon sighting on May 23, Saturday, most likely. If the moon is sighted on that day, then Eid will be celebrated on May 24, Sunday. Otherwise, it will be on May 25, 2020 – Monday. Ramzan or Ramadan falls on the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and holds a great significance for the Muslim community. During the holy month of Ramadan, Muslims observe fasts for 30 days marking it as a gesture to revere the first revelation of the Quran to Muhammad according to Islamic belief. According to many beliefs, this annual observance is regarded as… Read full this story
- Love and Saint Augustine: Hannah Arendt on the Relationship Between Desire, Fear, Time, Anxiety, and Happiness
- A Non-German Will Lead Daimler For The First Time Ever
- Tips For Playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- How Modi convinced India to celebrate a ‘surgical strike’ that never actually happened
- Hyundai Styx to be offered with 3 engines in India
- Citroen Takes Three Couples On Blind Dates In A Rally Stage
- Maruti Suzuki Alto India's best selling car yet again: Why is it still popular?
- Facelifted Ford Mustang SPIED in India: Launching soon
- Diesel Cars Under 6 Lakhs in India: Tata Tiago to Ford Freestyle
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class Is Formidable Foe to BMW X7
Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Date, India timings for moon sighting and Eid celebrations have 310 words, post on zeenews.india.com at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.