Eid is one of the top seasons in Bollywood for films to release. Over the years, many films have fought for spots to have Eid releases. However, the year 2020 is witnessing something never witnessed before, with cinema halls shut and productions halted. Therefore, there will be no Eid releases this year. As we celebrate Eid with nothing to look forward to in the theatres this year, we bring to you a list of four of the most memorable Eid releases in Bollywood. Dabangg The Dabangg film franchise took off when the first installment hit theatres during Eid, 2010. Directed by Abhinav Kashyap, Dabangg starred Salman Khan in the lead, and also marked the debut of Sonakshi Sinha. The cop action-comedy also starred Om Puri, Vinod Khanna, Anupam Kher, Mahesh Manjrekar, Mahie Gill and others. Dabangg became the highest opening grosser at the time by raking in up to Rs. 16.5 crore. Chennai Express The Deepika Padukone and Shah Rukh Khan starrer released in 2013. It was directed by the ace commercial film director Rohit Shetty. Chennai Express collected Rs 29 crore on its opening day, and went on to collect Rs 227 crores overall. The film was originally called… Read full this story
- Statesman Journal Mid-Valley Athlete of the Year fall winners
- What happens when you release a 'traitor'?
- Carrot Top Paper Shop releases new Little Joys Collection
- Felisha Legette-Jack signs new five-year deal
- Judge grants bail for Willie Bennett pending new trial 22 years after murder conviction
- Judge grants bail for Joseph Bennett pending new trial 22 years after murder conviction
- In one year, Celtics have gone from promise to problematic
- Granite Park Junior High School celebrates 90 years
- Kathrine Nero: One year later, 'there is life beyond TV'
- 'American Taliban' Lindh Being Released After 17 Years
Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years have 293 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at May 25, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.