ABC has made its first official new scripted series selections for the 2020-21 season, handing straight-to-series orders to David E. Kelley’s drama Big Sky, starring Kylie Bunbury, and Kari Lizer’s multi-camera comedy Call Your Mother (fka My Village), headlined by Kyra Sedgwick. They will join 11 returning ABC scripted series, which have been renewed for next season, including eight picked up today, as well as the previously announced Supermarket Sweep series reboot with Leslie Jones, which also will debut next season. “At a time when we are physically apart and shared experiences matter more than ever, these shows will build on the strategy that has made us No. 1 this season – bringing people together, creating cultural moments, and making content that entertains and inspires across generations and demographics,” said ABC Entertainment President Karey Burke, referring to ABC’s No.1 finish for the 2019-20 season (outright or tied with NBC and Fox, depending on metric) with entertainment programming, excluding sports. Related Story ‘Schooled’, ‘Bless This Mess, ‘Single Parents’, ‘Emergence’ & ‘Kids Say The Darndest Things’ Canceled By ABC Big Sky (form. The Big Sky) had a series commitment/ order from the get-go, though it was formally contingent on ABC seeing a pilot,… Read full this story
- ‘The Lincoln Lawyer’ Drama Series From David E. Kelley Not Going Forward At CBS
- Just like that, coronavirus has grounded my dreams of becoming a pilot
- The 40 best HBO series streaming right now
- Man Utd news LIVE: Rojo plays poker in lockdown, Ramsey and Costa part of Pogba deal, Sanchez gets second chance
- 11am Chelsea news LIVE: Lampard ‘calling Mertens everyday’, shock David Alalba transfer, Declan Rice latest
- Is James Van Der Beek married, how old was he in Dawson’s Creek actor and who does he play in Pose?
- Disney+ Hotstar arrivals in May: More of ‘The Mandalorian’ and ‘Billions’, along with Mark Ruffalo’s mini-series
- ‘Dispatches From Elsewhere’ Finale: Jason Segel On Injecting Himself Into His Series’ World And What He Knows About A Possible Season 2
- Even Off-Season, Bachelor Nation Is Delivering the Escape We Need
- Ellen DeGeneres Came Out 23 Years Ago in Front of 42 Million People: See More LGBTQ TV Firsts
David E. Kelley’s ‘Big Sky’ & Kari Lizer’s ‘Call Your Mother’ Get ABC Series Orders, Other Pilots Still In Play have 353 words, post on deadline.com at May 21, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.