EXCLUSIVE, Updated with more information: Two days after the latest round of ViacomCBS post-merger layoffs, which was focused primarily on the entities within the CBS Entertainment Group, more details about the scope of the cuts are emerging. One of the most impacted divisions was CBS Marketing, which saw 30-40 layoffs, I hear. That was almost 10% of all pink slips handed out on Wednesday, believed to be around 400. The list of departures included the three most senior CBS veterans in the department: Garen van de Beek, EVP and Creative Director, CBS Marketing, Lori Shefa, SVP and Creative Director, CBS Marketing, and Lesli Lawrence, SVP & Creative Director Print Advertising. Van de Beek had been at the network 21 years, Shefa – 23, Lawrence – 12. Along with EVP Marketing Anne O’Grady, who departed in March, they were key members of former Marketing President George Schweitzer’s team behind the marketing campaigns that helped CBS’ rise to the country’s most watched network. Related Story Latest Wave Of ViacomCBS Layoffs Hits CBS Entertainment Group This week’s layoffs are part of a reorganization of CBS’ marketing operations under Mike Benson, who was named President and Chief Marketing Office in September, succeeding Schweitzer. He… Read full this story
- Coronavirus live updates: 300,000 cases in U.S.
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump blasts naval captain who wrote letter from virus-stricken ship
- Coronavirus live updates: Stanford antibody test close to FDA approval, Newsom says
- Coronavirus live updates: Newsom issues order protecting consumers from price gouging
- Coronavirus live updates: Pink tests positive for COVID-19
- Coronavirus live updates: Pink tests positive, then negative for COVID-19
- Coronavirus live updates: Contra Costa, San Jose nursing facilities report high case numbers
- Coronavirus live updates: Cases rise at Contra Costa, San Jose nursing facilities
- Coronavirus live updates: Outbreaks at Contra Costa, San Jose nursing facilities
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco tops 500 cases, including another Laguna Honda nursing home resident
CBS Marketing Department Seriously Impacted By Layoffs Amid Restructuring; 3 Senior-Level Veterans Exit – Update have 306 words, post on deadline.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.