Musician- turned-actress Sidney Flanigan wants to make it very clear that despite coming from a long line of punk rockers, she was not named after a member of The Sex Pistols Musician- turned-actress Sidney Flanigan wants to make it very clear that despite coming from a long line of punk rockers, she was not named after a member of The Sex Pistols. The 21-year-old star of the gripping new film Never Rarely Sometimes Always laughed down the phone from her home in South Buffalo when I raised the subject, warning that her mother ‘gets very angry’ if people assume that she was named after the band’s unfortunate bassist, Sid Vicious. Both her father (from whom she’s estranged) and her grandmother played in punk bands. But her mother just liked the sound of the name ‘when she heard it on a TV show’, Sidney told me. Before last January, few outside of Flanigan’s hometown would have worried about what she was called. But director Eliza Hittman’s blistering film has changed all that. Released via digital download in the UK and Ireland from next Wednesday (May 13), Never Rarely Sometimes Always is the story of Autumn, a 17-year-old from a rural district… Read full this story
- Benidorm cast – where they are now? From Asda delivery driver to a grown-up child star
- Stowaway: Netflix's Anna Kendrick-starring Gravity-wannabe lacks grounding
- Line Of Duty's Keeley Hawes confirms new role in alien-themed TV drama
- Eva Longoria Cheetos Movie ‘Flamin’ Hot’ Sets Jesse Garcia & Annie Gonzalez As Leads
- The 2021 Tribeca Festival Unveils Plans For TV, Episodic And Creator’s Market, Including Live Events With Tina Fey, KISS
- 44 Headlines About Kate Middleton That Show How The UK Press Backed Off After She Married Prince William
- From Strictly to living with wolves in Wyoming, what happened to the Broom Cupboard crew when they grew out of kids TV?
- The best Hulu original series you can stream right now
- 41 of the best movies to watch on Netflix
- 41 of the best movies to stream on Netflix
BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Sidney Flanigan is swept into the limelight from her janitor job to star in gripping new film have 333 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 7, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.