WASHINGTON — Former President Barack Obama harshly criticized President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic as an “absolute chaotic disaster” during a conversation with ex-members of his administration, according to a recording obtained by Yahoo News. Obama also reacted to the Justice Department dropping its criminal case against Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, saying he worried that the “basic understanding of rule of law is at risk.” More than 78,400 people with COVID-19 have died in the United States and more than 1.3 million people have tested positive, according to the latest estimates from the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Obama’s comments came during a Friday call with 3,000 members of the Obama Alumni Association, people who served in his administration. Obama urged his supporters to back his former vice president, Joe Biden, who is trying to unseat Trump in the Nov. 3 election.“What we’re fighting against is these long-term trends in which being selfish, being tribal, being divided, and seeing others as an enemy — that has become a stronger impulse in American life. And by the way, we’re seeing that internationally as well. It’s part of the reason why the… Read full this story
- Trump rips ‘grossly incompetent’ Obama after ex-president said the country lacked leadership during coronavirus pandemic
- Trump ramps up retaliatory purge with firing of State Department inspector general
- Did Melania Trump Plagiarize Michelle Obama in Speech at the Republican National Convention?
- Trump's Washington is failing badly with no end in sight to pandemic battle
- Republican Voters Like Kanye West a Lot More After His Pro-Trump Tweets, Poll Shows
- Second time likely the charm for Trump's divisive intelligence pick
- Factbox: New top U.S. spy Ratcliffe known for fierce loyalty to Trump
- Changing Southwest may bring Democrats a milestone win
- Trumplomacy: What's behind new US strategy on China?
Barack Obama lashes out at President Trump in call with supporters have 304 words, post on www.denverpost.com at May 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.