Austin Carr’s wife, Erica, didn’t know she had COVID-19 until she arrived at the hospital to give birth last month. Her mandatory test came back positive.
Erica gave birth to the couple’s first child, a healthy son, Clive. The newborn tested negative for COVID-19.
“So all in all, we feel blessed and thankful for the health care and all the workers who were looking out for us,” Carr said in a conference call with reporters Friday, via Mike Triplett of ESPN. “We’re grateful for healthy mom, healthy baby.
“But it wasn’t the birth process that we expected.”
Carr, who signed a one-year deal with the Saints, tested negative for COVID-19. But he experienced symptoms two weeks before his son’s birth and later tested positive for antibodies.
Saints coach Sean Payton also has recovered from COVID-19. Broncos edge rusher Von Miller and Rams center Brian Allen are NFL players known to have contracted the coronavirus.
After Erica tested positive, Carr said medical workers took extra precautions.
“That sort of launched them into their COVID-19 protocol with a patient, and they were amazing,” Carr said. “They were doing everything they could to make sure we were taken care of, while also taking care of themselves.”
- Edited Transcript of UNH earnings conference call or presentation 15-Oct-19 12:45pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of UAL earnings conference call or presentation 16-Oct-19 2:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of GWPH.O earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- The Long Story of East 11th and 12th Streets Takes a Turn
- Writers Ask - Will They Steal My Idea?
- Moses and the Way God Used Him
- God's Forgiveness - Growing to Be Like the Great Forgiver
- NFL playoff risers: Barnwell on six surprising teams, and what's next
- Amanda Holden, Abbey Clancy and Katherine Jenkins bring some glamour to the trading floor as they fund-raise at charity event honouring finance workers killed in September 11 attacks
- So, You Want to Know About the Salem Witch Trials - Part Four - Individual Lives Affected
- Maternal Health in India
- How much do you earn? ‘It’s not something you want to talk about’
- Helwani's thoughts: Future for Weidman, Joanna and bold predictions
- You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile - The Importance of Laughter
- 2009 NBA Mock Draft - Version 1.0
- The great Agarwall of India
- Chicago Was Founded by Blackness—and We're Still Its Foundation
- Mayans MC Season 2 Fills Happy's Sons Of Anarchy Timeline Gap
- Building a Home 101
- Check Out Your E-mail Lover
Austin Carr’s wife contracts COVID-19 before giving birth have 403 words, post on profootballtalk.nbcsports.com at May 10, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.