Australians have been told the ‘three elements’ needed before the country’s strict coronavirus lockdown can be lifted. Health minister Greg Hunt warned on Monday despite a dramatic reduction in the growth of coronavirus cases in Australia it is too early to relax social distancing rules. There are 6,360 cases of the coronavirus in Australia and 61 people have died, but the growth rate in recent weeks has slowed from 30 per cent to less than 5 per cent. Mr Hunt told reporters the government was already drawing up a ‘road out’ of the pandemic through an assessment protocol consisting of three main factors. Two women walk along Bronte Beach in Sydney’s eastern suburbs on Easter Monday. Australia’s health minister has said ‘three elements’ must be met before the nationwide coronavirus lockdown can be eased ‘One is clear indication we are suppressing the case numbers in Australia – it could be case numbers, the re-transmission rate, that’s all being developed into an assessment protocol,’ he said. ‘Two is ensuring we have rapid response capability – testing, tracing. Thirdly, once those things are achieved, is planning the steps out, which will always be gradual.’ Mr Hunt warned Australia should be wary of… Read full this story
- Whistleblower lifts the lid on how Crown Casino lured high-rollers to lose $10million in 15 minutes - in saga that landed her and 18 others in a Chinese jail
- Chloe Madeley reveals weightlifting 'saved her life' as she admits that 'demons were coming back' during her honeymoon with James Haskell because she wasn't working out
- 7 Ways to Be Awe-Inspired in Everyday Life
- Claremont serial killings trial: The ‘hoarder’ love rival that made alleged Australian serial killer crack
- UN lifts sanctions on Eritrea after nearly a decade
- FMIA Week 14: How George Kittle and the ‘Choice’ Route Helped Lift 49ers Over Saints in the Game of the Year
- Tried And Tested: 3 Gamification Tools That Try To Make Your Life Better
- Everything you need to know about 3D printing and its impact on your business
- Been Told You Are "Too Much" All Your Life?
- General election 2019: Fighting the elements, fighting for votes
When will life go back to normal? Australians are told 'three elements' are needed before coronavirus lockdowns can be lifted have 342 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.