Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s letter to newspaper editors saying they will ‘no longer engage’ with the UK’s most popular titles has today been blasted as censorship by the Society of Editors. Executive director Ian Murray said the statement was ‘sadly a clear attempt to undermine certain sections of the UK media who often ask uncomfortable questions’. Royal watchers also condemned the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s ‘narcissistic’ decision to have ‘zero engagement’ with the four British newspaper groups. The Queen’s former press spokesmen Dickie Arbiter said the couple were ‘wrong’ and Prince Charles’s biographer Tom Bower said they ’have become their own worst enemies’. Earlier Piers Morgan and the BBC’s Andrew Neil were among the host of commentators to lay into the pair’s new policy. The LA-based Sussexes released the letter to four newspaper groups last night detailing how their self-imposed ban is a refusal to ‘offer themselves up’. Their message was sent from an official Sussex Royal email, despite the Queen banning them from using the title and them saying they plan to use Archewell. They emailed the editors of these popular publications: the Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror, the Sun and the Daily Express. Harry and Meghan are… Read full this story
- Trump pats Putin on the back and chats with smiling Saudi Crown Prince - the man accused of ordering the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi - who stands in the front row for 'family photo' at G20 summit
- Putin attacks Western views on gay rights and multiculturalism and says immigrants are free to 'kill, plunder and rape with impunity because their rights are protected' ahead of G20 meeting with May
- Nexon replace MMO voice actress for wearing "Girls Do Not Need a Prince" t-shirt
- Ann Coulter thinks Jared Kushner wrote anonymous op-ed bashing Trump
- Let's talk about politics in games
- I’m a doctor, not a gatekeeper turning ‘health tourists’ away
- Editorial: We Need The BBC In Videogames
- Bulletstormgate: Analysing The "Evidence"
- Bulletstormgate: Analysing The “Evidence”
'This is censorship': Society of Editors criticises Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after couple issue email saying they will 'no longer engage' with the UK's most popular newspapers have 330 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 20, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.