SEOUL — South Korea on Sunday reported 32 more cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing the nation’s total infections to 10,512.
South Korea has now recorded seven days in a row of the number of new cases being around 50 or fewer, a sharp drop from the February 29 peak of 909 new cases, according to the Korea Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).
But health authorities remain on high alert over cluster infections at churches and hospitals, as well as new cases coming from overseas.
The nation’s death toll from the new coronavirus, which emerged in China late last year, rose by three to 214, according to the KCDC.
The number of patients released from quarantine after making full recoveries reached 7,368, up 125 from a day earlier.
The southeastern city of Daegu, the nation’s worst virus-hit region, added two new cases. Its surrounding North Gyeongsang Province reported three new cases.
The total number of cases reported in Daegu and the surrounding North Gyeongsang Province reached 6,816 and 1,335, respectively.
Other major provinces and cities also reported infections, with Seoul and the surrounding Gyeonggi Province adding four and nine new cases, respectively.
The country also detected 18 new cases coming from overseas at border checkpoints.
Since April 1, South Korea has been enforcing a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine for all travelers coming from overseas to better contain imported cases.
Seeking to reduce the daily number of new infections to below 50, South Korea has extended strict guidelines on social distancing by two weeks to next Sunday. — YONHAP
- Apple hires former Samsung vice president to tackle Korea: report
- North Korea Reportedly Bans Doctors from Performing Abortions, Implanting IUDs
- Samsung to seek iPhone 5 ban in Korea, report says
- In North Korea, hackers are the new elite
- North Korea Is Building Mysterious New Islands In The Yellow Sea
- Report: Apple launching new iPhone in September
- Report: Sony launching new line of handheld gadgets
- Google reportedly developing a new version of Android for cars
- Images of Teenage Rape Victim Reportedly Shared at New Mexico School
- Rimini Street reports 32 percent revenue increase in Q3
- In Korea, old brews get new life
- LG flexible-display smartphone reportedly leaked in new photos
- Budapest's New Subway Totally Looks Like
- New iPads are coming, claims report, but "revolutionary" new iPads won't come until 2018
- North Korea's Internet struggles to return after total shutdown
- Meet Korea's Most Infamous Character: Poop Man
- Uber indicted in South Korea two weeks after official launch
- North Korea claims intercontinental missile test
- Why China's Nervous Over South Korea's New Missile Defense System
- New Orleans Cops Straight Up Didn't Investigate Over 1,100 Sex Crimes
S. Korea reports 32 more cases of new coronavirus, total now at 10,512 have 447 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 12, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.