The family of the hero NHS nurse who was with Boris Johnson ‘every second of the night’ when he was fighting for his life are ‘exceptionally proud’ of their ‘absolutely amazing’ daughter. After he was discharged from St Thomas’s Hospital in central London, the Prime Minister recorded a video to thank all the doctors and nurses who looked after him. He reserved special thanks for ‘Jenny from New Zealand, Invercargill on the South Island to be exact’ and ‘Luis from Portugal, near Porto’ who stood at his bedside for 48 hours when ‘it could have gone either way’. Ward sister Jenny McGee, 35, moved to the UK eight years ago after doing her intensive care training in Melbourne and brushed off the praise, saying she was ‘just doing her job’. Her mother Caroline spoke to her daughter today before she headed back to work another shift, claiming she is just pleased that the NHS is getting the ‘recognition it deserves’. She told Television New Zealand: ’It makes us feel exceptionally proud obviously. But she has told us these things over the years and it doesn’t matter what patient she is looking after, this is what she does.’ Mrs McGee added: ‘I… Read full this story
- Delingpole: Rejoice! Rejoice! Boris Johnson Has Drained the Swamp and Saved the Conservatives
- Boris and Carrie are still 'loved up' and have been 'brought even closer together' following police row, friends insist, as couple are seen together for first time since argument
- 2018 British Journalism Awards shortlist revealed: 'This is what Dame Cairncross needs to protect'
- Tragic lorry migrant, 26, 'was deported from UK just DAYS before dying in trailer', say Vietnamese family who remortgaged home to fund £30,000 return trip
- Twisted family dynamics make Deathstroke a vicious superhero drama
- The Latest: Macron pledges to rebuild cathedral in 5 years
- RICHARD KAY: How Jeremy Hunt learned from his father's compassion towards their nanny when his sister died in the bath
- Peggy Claude-Pierre's Infamous Canadian Eating Disorder Clinic
- Text of President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address
- How to Write Social Media Updates People Love
Proud family praise hero NHS nurse who helped save Boris Johnson's life and reveal she is back at work already after keeping 48-hour vigil by the prime minister's ICU bedside as he battled coronavirus have 339 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.