The most senior Catholic in the world to be convicted of child sexual abuse this morning learnt his final appeal bid to the High Court had been a success, releasing a statement saying he felt as though the “serious injustice” he suffered while maintaining his innocence had been “remedied”. Cardinal Pell was released early on Tuesday afternoon. Picture: MatrixSource:Matrix The Volkswagen followed a white Mercedes out of the gates. Picture: MatrixSource:Matrix The full bench of seven judges were unanimous in their decision, finding that the jury, acting rationally on the whole of the evidence, ought to have entertained a reasonable doubt as to Pell’s guilt. The judgment was handed down at 10am in Brisbane on Tuesday with just three people reportedly sitting in the public gallery and four standing by the door to hear Chief Justice Susan Kiefel AC say Pell would be let free from Barwon Prison in Victoria. This occurred at 12.30pm on Tuesday when a white Mercedes followed by a black Volkswagen – with Cardinal Pell inside – drove out of the gates. RELATED: Three reasons why Cardinal Pell was freed Judgment has been delivered in Pell v The Queen https://t.co/TzjVX0RLXh— High Court of Australia (@HighCourtofAus) April… Read full this story
- Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B benefited from ‘catalogue of errors’ & WALKED FREE despite child abuse pic retrial
- Harry Maguire news LIVE: Man Utd say conviction ‘quashed’, latest on appeal and fiancee Fern slams cops ‘lies’
- Australian media agree to joint trial for Pell sex abuse case reporting
- What was Harry Maguire convicted of and what was his sentence?
- How a seemingly innocent family snap of a smiling father and daughter in front of a mountain hid decades of sexual abuse before two sisters finally put him in jail after a 40 year fight for justice
- NXIVM Founder Convicted of Running Sex Cult That Turned Women Into His Slaves
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: EastEnders wild child Maisie Smith and 2019 ballroom casualty Jamie Laing CONFIRMED alongside stand-up comic Bill Bailey and Invictus Games star JJ Chalmers
- Evil Khmer Rouge jailer known as 'Comrade Duch' who killed 16,000 people, ordered babies beaten to death and did medical experiments on live prisoners dies peacefully in hospital aged 77
- Breonna Taylor's ex-boyfriend - who police were looking for the night they shot the EMT dead in botched no-knock raid - is arrested on drug trafficking charges
- Former No 10 adviser Sir Robbie Gibb launches a TV rival to 'woke wet BBC' while Rupert Murdoch also plans a news channel as broadcaster faces further pressure in the wake of its Rule Britannia debacle
George Pell appeal: Cardinal walks free after child abuse convictions quashed have 425 words, post on www.news.com.au at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.