Sammy Hagar and the Circle haven’t officially postponed their upcoming summer tour with Whitensake and Night Ranger yet, but right now it’s hard to imagine major concerts taking place as soon as July. Nobody knows how this is going to play out, but it’s quite possible that the entire 2020 concert season will get pushed back to next year. Hagar and his bandmates Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham, and Vic Johnson are quarantining at their homes just like the rest of us, but earlier this week, they teamed up to perform the Who’s “Won’t Get Fooled Again” thanks to the magic of the internet. They’ve never tackled the song in concert, but Hagar and Anthony did play it a handful of times in Van Halen. They also played “My Generation” at a few gigs in 1988 on the OU812 tour. Eddie and Alex Van Halen were huge fans of the Who growing up and they even learned to play Live at Leeds and Tommy straight through while in their pre–Van Halen band Mammoth. Here’s video of Van Halen playing “Won’t Get Fooled Again” at 5150 Studios in 1993. As you can see, Eddie puts his own spin on the guitar intro,… Read full this story
- Van Halen is ‘finished,’ says David Lee Roth
- R.I.P. Warped Tour. At Least We Still Have Vans.
- Jonathan Van Ness of ‘Queer Eye’ Comes Out
- Meet the unsung Muscle Shoals guitarist who's also a snake hunter
- Greta Van Fleet is the pride of Frankenmuth at album-release party
- Comedian who attempted suicide on mission to help people with mental illnesses
- Dick Van Dyke on ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ and Dancing at 93
- 1993 Alfa Romeo Spider
- Ronny Van Geneugden outlines plans for Malawi's future
- The red pill, the blue pill, the black pill: The chilling details in police interview with Toronto van attack driver Alek Minassian
Flashback: Van Halen Cover the Who’s ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’ in 1993 have 318 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.