WE have probably all eaten a few too many biscuits while stuck at home during these past few weeks.
Luckily, loose-fitting, throw-it-on dresses are on trend right now.
The trapeze frocks stormed runways this season and could well be the answer to your prayers
Narrow at the shoulders, the fabric skims over your figure, ending in a wide hem that hides a multitude of sins.
Plus, lots of them have sleeves. Hallelujah!
It is rare for fashion to mix comfort with style.
But with everything from maxi and tiered designs to mini swing dresses, the High Street has options that will let you breathe easy.
Acting Fashion Editor Clemmie Fieldsend finds the best easy breezy dresses to bag right now, whatever your style or shape.
TICK all the style boxes with a tiered dress in a seasonal print.
If you are usually one to follow trends, then look for eye-catching patterns to prove your fashion credentials.
From animal print to florals, in mini or maxi styles, these wide frocks are perfect for standing out in a video call.
Mini styles are great for the more vertically challenged – just team them with a pair of boots.
- Tiger print, £25, boohoo.com – buy now
- Thin strap neon floral, £45, dorothyperkins.com – buy now
- Maxi leopard, £39.99, hm.com – buy now
STAND out in brights that will boost your mood from the off.
If you are feeling a little down in quarantine, dress up in these bold trapeze frocks.
Look for sheer fabrics to lighten the bulk of the material or high-neck styles with detailing to make your ensemble look even more striking.
- Plain purple, £49.99, reserved.com – buy now
- Pink, £22, direct.asda.com – buy now
- Yellow, £45, debenhams.com – buy now
OOZE elegance in these embellished midi dresses with distinctive detailing.
Your sophisticated style need not be swamped by the size of the dress but enhanced with rich colours, textures and delicate accessories.
Perfect for a wedding guest outfit (when they’re back on again) – or a pick- me-up on a Saturday afternoon.
- Red and black embellished, £59.99, zara.com – buy now
- Pink organza, £60, monki.com – buy now
- Cream silk, £59, marksandspencer.com – buy now
If you don’t think your curves would suit oversized frocks, then think again.
Tiered styles complement your figure with subtle framing around the bust and hips – just look for sweetheart, square or V necklines.
If you feel you need more of a silhouette, add a belt to enhance your waist.
- Blue printed, £30, evans.co.uk – buy now
- Plain rust dress, £25, boohoo.com – buy now
- Mint printed, £32, newlook.com – buy now
SHOW off your feminine side in broderie anglaise ankle-grazers.
Bows, ruffles and waisted detailing mean you can still feel lady-like in your wide dress.
Plus, this length is great for those on the shorter side.
The dresses will hit your ankle, which is a thinner part of the leg, making it a more flattering shape if you fancy a longer look.
- Pink with ruffles, £59.99, hm.com – buy now
- Floral organza dress, £35.99, newlook.com – buy now
- Blue embroidered, £49.99, zara.com – buy now
STICK to your signature style with a billowing dress in muted colours and clean lines.
If you are not a fan of fussy clothes, this easy-to-wear trend needs limited extras.
Pair your frock with slip-on mules and layer with boxy, oversized blazers for a pared-back look.
MOST READ IN FABULOUS
Shoeholics slashes up to £80 off designer trainers
BELT IT OUT
The Duvet Dress Challenge has people turning their quilts into amazing fashion
JUST DO IT
JD Sports announces up to half price sale on Nike
Amanda Holden spotted in £85 Forever Unique ‘Pretty Woman’ dress
HOUSE ABOUT THAT
Single mum returns from hols to find parents transformed her flat for £50
LET’S TALK SHOP
Why Primark and B&M don’t sell online, and how to find your nearest store
- Pale blue dress, £29.99, stradivarius.com – buy now
- Pale green, £15.99, Zara – buy now
- Cream, £39, missselfridge.com – buy now
- GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
- Instagrammers reveal secrets of their picture-perfect homes
- Follow these steps to throwing a perfect martini party
- Dover All-State lineman Tkai Perry finds perfect home at center
- Where to Find Metro Phoenix's Best Restaurants
- Best of Columbia 2019: Food and Beverage
- 4 condiments you should be making at home
- The Best Italian Restaurants in Metro Denver
- Robertson selected in fourth round by Blue Jays
- Forever 21 offers 21% off everything through Sunday: best deals
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019: The best home deals
- Analysis: The all-time best NFL draft picks 1-32 and by round
- Memorial Day 2019: The best deals and sales this holiday weekend
- 13 Best Thai Restaurants in Greater Phoenix
- How to perfectly roast a chicken in the oven
- Summer’s hottest dress is a $70 sack
- The best things we ate and drank at the NYS Fair
- The Best Green Salad in the World
- The Best and Brightest Class of 2019
- Who makes the best ranch dressing?
- Hello, yellow: Home decor’s upbeat hue should be used right
Find the best easy, loose and throw-on dresses – perfect for being at home – with our selection have 837 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 23, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.