The Indian government has imposed export curbs on diagnostic kits with immediate effect. The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has undertaken the move in a bid to ensure the availability of kits amid Covid-19 outbreak in the country. Announcing the export restrictions on the diagnostic kits, the DGFT said: “The export of diagnostic kits (diagnostic or laboratory reagents on a backing, preparation diagnostic or laboratory reagents) is restricted with immediate effect.” This essentially means that an exporter cannot export such kits directly. For any such export to happen, an export licence will have to be procured first. The Indian government, on 19 March imposed restrictions on the exports of masks, ventilators, and raw materials used in the manufacture of masks. Before that, the DGFT had prohibited the export of all personal protection equipment used by healthcare service providers to protest themselves from the disease. Between April 2019 and January 2020, India exported medical apparatus worth $2.8 billion. Last week, Indian PM Narendra Modi announced a 21-day long lockdown to break the chain of infection of COVID-19. Indian currently has 2,902 confirmed cases of COVID-19, while 68 people have lost their lives to the infection, according to the latest data… Read full this story
- Hyundai India's Exports Grow By 20.46% In 2019; Focus On New Markets
- ICC Suspends Zimbabwe Cricket Board With Immediate Effect
- Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding see contracts "revoked with immediate effect"
- Spice exporters suffer Rs 75 crore loss due to MIP on black pepper
- India International Tea Convention to be held at Ooty from September 22
- Watch: Mohali Crowd Tells Virat Kohli To Call Up MS Dhoni After Rishabh Pant Errors
- Virat Kohli Slams "Inconsistent" DRS After Australia Pull Off Stunning Upset In Mohali
- India pushes for tobacco exports to China
- India to reign as the top buffalo meat exporter in 2016: USDA report
- Hyundai holds international partners meet to promote exports
Covid-19: India Curbs Export of Diagnostic Kits With Immediate Effect have 310 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 4, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.