ARSENAL have been joined by European giants Bayern Munich and Paris-Saint Germain in the race to land Thomas Partey.
Spanish outlet Eldesmarque claim that the Gunners are the team that have shown the most interest for the Atletico Madrid star but Manchester United, Chelsea, Juventus and Inter Milan also remain options.
The outlet adds that PSG are considering activating the midfielder’s £44million release clause while Atleti are yet to give up on the Ghanaian signing a renewal.
Bundesliga champions Bayern have also listed Partey as one of the names to replace veteran Javi Martinez, 31, whose contract expires next year.
It was previously reported that Arsenal’s hopes of landing the holding midfielder this summer rest on their bid to qualify for the Champions League.
Partey himself came in for particular praise for his performances in the European competition during Atletico’s 4-2 aggregate win over Liverpool.
Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand urged his former club to rival Arsenal and make a move for Partey as well this summer.
But the 26-year-old’s agents were recently forced to apologise uploading a social media post asking fans to vote on his next club.
JJ Sport Managers – the company who represent Partey – posted an image on the star on Instagram with the caption: “Pick his club.”
Underneath the Ghana international were the badges of Arsenal, United, Juventus, PSG and Bayern Munich.
The post was swiftly deleted and the company released a short statement apologising for fuelling the transfer speculation surrounding Partey.
It read: “In view of the publication that was made today Wednesday 29 April 2020 on our Instagram account, regarding the future of our player Thomas Partey, from JJ Sport Managers we want to convey that this publication was not approved by the company management.
Most Read in Football
Inside footballers’ amazing gardens with their own pitches, swings & goals
Prem’s plans to return on June 8 boosted as clubs sent timetable to finish term
GET YER PHIL
Seven reasons why Chelsea MUST take a gamble on Coutinho to replace Hazard
EFL season will probably NOT finish with too many coronavirus kits needed
Emotional Souness pays moving tribute to Liverpool pal Robinson after death at 61
Premier League consider blocking Newcastle takeover amid Saudi piracy row
“An internal investigation has been opened to find out what exactly happened, we are sure that this has not been intentional on the part of any of our workers and it is probably an unfortunate mistake.
“The publication has been deleted as soon as we have become aware of its existence.
“In addition, the keys of all our social profiles have been modified to restrict access only to essential personnel.”
- Three things we learned from Spurs v Bayern Munich
- Transfer Talk: Manchester United vow not to panic buy in January
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Manchester United vow not to panic buy in January
- Mario Mandzukic may make Man Utd move in December - despite transfer window being shut
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Bale wants out, and Man United could be ready to pounce
- Transfer Talk: Flailing Manchester United vow not to binge buy in January
- Transfer Talk: Man City, Man United could start bidding war for Ruben Dias
- Arsene Wenger announces first autobiography - 10 stories Arsenal fans will want to read
- Barcelona news LIVE: Kylian Mbappe transfer decision, Barca plan triple contract extension
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Juventus to swoop amid Cavani's PSG contract impasse
- Man Utd chief Matt Judge once held Edinson Cavani talks - star's brother prevented deal
- Tottenham chief Daniel Levy has January transfer expectation as Spurs plan sale
- Man Utd tell Mario Mandzukic what he needs to do to seal January transfer from Juventus
- Bayern hand Spurs record defeat as Real Madrid blushes spared
- PSG thrash Real in Champions League opener as Man City cruise
- Football transfer rumours: Mesut Özil to leave Arsenal for Fenerbahce?
- Liverpool star named in FIFA 20 TOTW 2 lineup
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Liverpool join Man United, Tottenham in Haaland chase
- Newcastle star included in FUT 20 Ones to Watch promo
- Gueye gives edge to PSG as Lyon lie in wait
Arsenal joined by Bayern Munich and PSG in Thomas Partey transfer race with Atletico Madrid star available for £44m have 716 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 30, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.