House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she was “satisfied” with the response of Joe Biden’s presidential campaign to allegations of sexual assault against him, according to CBS news campaign reporter Bo Erickson and CBSNews.com political reporter Grace Segers. The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee has been accused of sexual harassment and sexual assault by a former Senate staffer, Tara Reade. Biden’s campaign has denied the allegations, although Biden himself has not directly addressed them. “I do support Joe Biden. I’m satisfied with how he has responded,” Pelosi said in an interview with CNN’s “New Day.” She announced her endorsement of Biden on Monday. CNN pressed Pelosi on Biden’s own public silence so far in the face of the allegations. “You know, it’s a matter that he has to deal with, but I am impressed with the people who work for him saying that they absolutely never heard one iota of information about this. Nobody ever brought forth a claim or had anybody else tell them about such a claim,” Pelosi replied. Pelosi reiterated her support for Biden in her weekly press conference Thursday, saying that she has “complete respect for the Me Too movement,” but that she also believes in due process. There is “due process and… Read full this story
- Our exclusive with Colorado’s colorful, rising-star governor, the man some Davos elites say could lead Democrats in 2020
- 22 powerful men in politics and media accused of sexual misconduct in the wake of Harvey Weinstein
- NATO chief flies to Ukraine amid Russian troop buildup fears
- Chinese Tsunami: Utusan Says "Sedarlah Cina"
- Support for Scottish independence growing, poll shows
- Trump thanks supporters, revives fiery campaign rhetoric in Ohio victory rally
- Democrats are setting themselves up perfectly to pummel Republicans on sexual harassment in 2018
- Trump’s first big test with Putin harkens back to one of the most controversial elements of his campaign
- ‘People want it to be true’: Inside the growing influence of a mysterious anti-Trump website
- A taste of home: Biyaheng Nueva Ecija
2020 Daily Trail Markers: Pelosi says she supports Biden, amid Tara Reade accusation have 335 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at April 30, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.