ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York state entered a new phase in the coronavirus pandemic Monday, as New York City closed its public schools, and officials said schools statewide would close by Wednesday. New York joined with Connecticut and New Jersey to close bars, restaurants and movie theaters along with setting limits on social gatherings. The number of confirmed cases in New York climbed toward 1,000. RESTAURANTS, BARS CLOSED Bars and restaurants will become takeout-only and businesses from movie theaters and casinos to gyms and beyond will be shuttered Monday night throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut because of the coronavirus, the states’ governors said. New York is changing its rules to allow bars, restaurants and distilleries to sell their products off premises, Cuomo said. Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he is “strongly encouraging” nonessential businesses to close in New York after 8 p.m. “Our primary goal right now is to slow the spread of this virus so that the wave of new infections doesn’t crash our health care system, and everyone agrees social distancing is the best way to do that,” Cuomo said. The three states also will limit social gatherings to 50 people, effective 8 p.m. Monday. Cuomo… Read full this story
- Bản in : People hope for new development phase after Party Congress
- Schools shut amid health emergency as smog blankets India's capital
- Da Lat and Sa Pa named among best new destinations in Asia
- New tourism attraction: No smoking cities
- New tech to revolutionize the hospitality industry
- Fulbright University Vietnam assigns new chair to replace controversial predecessor
- HCM City needs new laws to protect heritage buildings
- Experts urge action on global obesity 'pandemic'
- Nineteen hurt as blast, then fire bring down New York buildings
- New York shuts down as winter storm blasts US
New pandemic phase in New York as schools, restaurants shut have 287 words, post on apnews.com at March 16, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.