Video PlayerClose WUHAN, March 6 (Xinhua) — Some vaccines against the COVID-19 are expected to enter clinical trials by mid-April or even earlier, an official said Friday. Chinese scientists are racing to carry out scientific and technological breakthroughs in epidemic prevention and control by adopting five technological approaches, Ding Xiangyang, deputy secretary-general of the State Council, said at a press briefing Friday in Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak. The country has adopted treatment methods that combine traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and Western medicine to cure the COVID-19 and carried out clinical trials and studies on different types of patients including those with mild symptoms after screening more than 5,000 kinds of drugs. TCM treatment has yielded good outcomes, preventing patients with mild symptoms from becoming severely ill, said Ding. He added that, as of March 3, a total of 14 types of nucleic acid test reagents had been been made available through emergency approval.
- HIV vaccine could be available by 2021 as scientists tackling the AIDS-causing virus reveal they are 'optimistic' about three ongoing trials
- Single-dose Zika vaccine works in animals: study
- Flu vaccine program brought forward as surge in cases surprises health authorities
- Experimental Ebola vaccine could be 'game-changer' in Congo outbreak
- Before Peter Thiel invested, research on herpes vaccine began in US hotel rooms
- ‘One of the Most Optimistic Moments’: HIV Vaccine Could Become Available by 2021
- Everything I Learned While Getting Kicked out of America's Biggest Anti-Vaccine Conference
- Former love rival tells Claremont killings trial about ‘sneaky’ affair
- ‘End of HIV on the horizon’ as first vaccine could be available by 2021
- Ranji Trophy: Karnataka thrash Mumbai to enter knockout stage
COVID-19 vaccines expected to enter clinical trials by mid April or earlier have 264 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 6, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.