Editors’ Note: With full acknowledgment of the big-picture implications of a pandemic that has already claimed thousands of lives, cratered global economies and closed international borders, Deadline’s Coping With COVID-19 Crisis series is a forum for those in the entertainment space grappling with myriad consequences of seeing a great industry screech to a halt. The hope is for an exchange of ideas and experiences, and suggestions on how businesses and individuals can best ride out a crisis that doesn’t look like it will abate any time soon. If you have a story, email [email protected] On March 2, stand-up comedian and Good Trouble actress Sherry Cola attended a special screening at the Soho House in West Hollywood for the uplifting Stephon Marbury documentary A Kid From Coney Island. Leaving in good spirits, Cola stepped into the elevator with a fellow Asian who was also at the popular L.A. spot. Four white men also entered. After casual greetings, one of them asked the two of them, “Do you have coronavirus?” Related Story CBS TV Studios Denies Assistants Hours Are Being Cut Amid Coronavirus Pandemic “I looked at him and said, ‘Are you serious?’” Cola told Deadline. She told the man the question was inappropriate and that… Read full this story
- Dictionary.com word of year selected to be call of action
- Maduro Opponents Boost Military Rhetoric in Venezuela Crisis
- San Francisco leaders hate Trump enough they just voted to limit the city’s water rather than do this
- “Anti-Israel,” a Camouflage Platform for “Anti-Semitism:” Anti-BDS Legislation is Wholly Constitutional
- Sanctuary opponents travel from town to town, screaming an agenda
- Does The Constitution Protect Fake News?
- 'Very unfair!': Trump tweets cap another tumultuous week
- ‘War and investigation:’ What President Trump said at his 2019 State of the Union address
- The best of film 2016: The ballots
- Behind the Hostility: How Trump and the media descended to mutual disgust
Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: Hollywood’s Asian Community Calls On Allies For Support As Coronavirus Misinformation Incites Hate have 312 words, post on deadline.com at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.