BCCI is deferring the announcement hoping against hope for things to improve. © Twitter Already suspended till April 15, the uncertainty surrounding this year’s IPL grew on Tuesday with the BCCI postponing a scheduled conference call with the franchise owners which was to discuss a way forward amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The glitzy T20 league is staring at a possible cancellation due to the deadly outbreak, which has led to more than 16,000 deaths globally. India, which has reported over 400 cases and nine deaths so far, is in a lockdown till March 31 to contain the pandemic. “…humanity first, everything else comes second. The situation has not improved so there is no point in even talking about it. If IPL doesn’t happen so be it,” Kings XI Punjab co-owner Ness Wadia told PTI.”There is no point in discussing anything at this point. The whole country is in a lockdown. We have to deal with matters much more important than IPL,” added another franchise official, who did not wish to be named.The star-studded eight-team league was originally scheduled to start on March 29 in Mumbai but looks set for a cancellation given the current crisis.”I can’t even think about the… Read full this story
- American Idol abandons studio for production on season 18 as they discuss filming remote amid coronavirus pandemic
- Michael Phelps Discusses Mental Health amid Coronavirus Pandemic: 'It Has Been Difficult'
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Returns with ‘At Home’ Edition Featuring Tom Hanks, Chris Martin, Larry David Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (Watch)
- Tour de France delayed until August amid coronavirus pandemic
- Shooting World Cup in Delhi cancelled amid coronavirus pandemic
- Burning Man festival is canceled for first time ever amid coronavirus pandemic - despite being scheduled for August 30
- Biden lays out plan to 'safely' reopen country amid coronavirus pandemic
- Cardi B donates 20k vegan meal supplement drinks to NYC area doctors, nurses and EMTs amid coronavirus pandemic
- Gogglebox Australia surges in the ratings as people stay at home and watch TV amid coronavirus pandemic
- Tyler Perry pays for ALL elderly customers' groceries at 73 STORES amid coronavirus pandemic
BCCI Postpones Con Call With Franchise Owners To Discuss IPL 2020 Amid Coronavirus Pandemic have 352 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at March 24, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.