On “Ordinary Man,” the lushly sentimental title track of Ozzy Osbourne’s latest album, the Godfather of Heavy Metal has the audacity to sing, “I don’t wanna die an ordinary man.” It’s a puzzling lyric because for the past half a century, he’s been anything but average — he’s been the Iron Man, the Blizzard of Ozz, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Rebel — but he sings the line from the heart, showing how deep down inside he still feels like he still needs to prove himself. That’s because in the past year or so, he’s faced some serious health reckonings, including a potentially deadly staph infection that sidelined him from an otherwise triumphant world tour, a fall that was so intense that he needed surgery, and a surprising Parkinson’s disease diagnosis. Ordinary Man, his first new album since Black Sabbath’s blockbuster reunion LP, 13, and first solo offering since 2010’s Scream, is a tribute to his resilience. Osbourne has always been hard rock’s comeback kid. He dusted himself off after Black Sabbath fired him as their frontman and redefined himself as an unflappable heavy-metal madman. As wild as his antics were and as dark as some of his music was, he always let his… Read full this story
- Ozzy Osbourne says new album Ordinary Man was a lifesaver while battling Parkinson’s
- Ozzy Osbourne Very Confidently Casts Jason Momoa to Play Him in New Music Video
- Ozzy Osbourne Cancels New England Tour Dates For Medical Treatments
- Ozzy Osbourne Fans Devastated After Rocker Cancels 2020 Tour to Undergo Medical Treatment
- Ozzy Osbourne calls off North American leg of No More Tours 2 tour to seek treatment for Parkinson's disease in Europe
- Ozzy Osbourne cancels US tour due to ongoing ill health
- Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘Ordinary Man’ Album: 7 Things We Learned at SiriusXM Listening
- Ozzy Osbourne: Ordinary Man review – his final statement?
- Ozzy Osbourne releases album, 'Ordinary Man'
Ozzy Osbourne Stares Down His Demons With a Smile on ‘Ordinary Man’ have 325 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.