Third time is the charm, we say, as Jiiva smiles and clears his throat to answer a query on Seeru, the film by Vels Film International which releases this Friday.The first two attempts are disrupted when an unmindful assistant sleepwalks into the middle of the frame with a water bottle before the video lighting equipment hits the ‘snooze’ mode.The actor, though, prefers to see the lighter side of things, and begins: “Seeru is very important for me at this point of time. It has been long since I did an action film with a lot family values,” he says, adding that the story will be along the lines of his previous films like Thenavattu (2008) and Rowthiram (2011). Lean patchJiiva did not have the best of years in 2019 as both his theatrical releases (Kee and Gorilla) bombed at the box office.In the three previous years, the actor worked four films in total, which, in comparison to his 2016 returns when three of his films released, points to a trend where things may be slowing down for him. Jiiva in a still from the Raju Murugan film ‘Gypsy’ | Photo Credit: Special Arrangement It didn’t help that his films… Read full this story
- Nobel Winner Swedish Poet Tomas Transtromer Dies At 83
- Tech talk, geek speak and nerd words
- DevOps and deviance: How bad IT practices become accepted as normal
- Is too much choice getting in the way of Linux' acceptance?
- Hospitals growing to accept the cloud
- Cyber-bludging special: Acceptable usage
- Retailers Plodding Toward Accepting Higher-Security Payment Cards
- Australia accept 2020 Copa America invitation
- Buggy software: Why do we accept it?
- Why leaders must stop accepting trying over doing
I accepted ‘83’ because I could speak in Tamil: Jiiva have 270 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 4, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.