A conman father who moved into his daughter’s college dorm room and pimped out her friends used sex videos to coerce and extort them, prosecutors claim. Lawrence Ray has been accused of setting up a ‘sex cult’ and forcing a group of students into prostitution or unpaid labor at Sarah Lawrence College, just north of New York City, and cheating them out of $1million. The 60-year-old was charged on Tuesday with physical and psychological threats, coercion, extortion, forced labor, sex trafficking and money laundering against students he met through his daughter. Investigators are studying large amounts of materials including 20 to 40 electronic devices seized from the home of the ex-convict, who reportedly had ties to mobsters and a former New York City police commissioner. Assistant US Attorney Danielle Sassoon told a judge at the Federal District Court in Manhattan that investigators who conducted about 17 interviews with victims were told that Ray would sometimes use a woman’s electronic device to take sexually explicit materials and then seize it. She said he would also direct victims to write ‘sensitive and incriminating things’ in journals that he would then use against them, including videos of Ray berating a victim and using sexually explicit… Read full this story
- 'Bachelorette' star met with FBI over sex video with Todd Chrisley's daughter: report
- Will Lori Loughlin's daughters Olivia Jade and Isabella Rose get expelled from USC?
- Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Case: The Troubling History Behind the Accusations
- Jordan Pruitt explains why she's sharing her #MeToo story now
- Sundance: Keira Knightley, Daisy Ridley and #MeToo Movement Films Make Lineup
- Sundance: Steven Soderbergh Musical Elvis Doc With Alec Baldwin Added to Lineup
- Sundance 2018 Announces Indie Episodic, Shorts and Special Event Selections
- Warm weather preview: FJI surveys the next five months of movies
- Of brothels, barricades and the bottom line: The 14th Annual Thessaloniki Documentary Festival
- R. Kelly’s Lawyer Worries Illinois Prosecutors Will Be Extra Tough on Him After Jussie Smollet Case
Brainwashing 'sex cult' father, who moved into his daughter's NY dorm and pimped out her friends, blackmailed them with their sex videos and extorted them out of nearly $1 million, prosecutors claim have 317 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.