Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden were crowned the winners of the Democratic debate in Charleston by a poll taken of party-voting viewers. The CBS News poll said he had made ‘the best case to beat Donald Trump,’ with 26 per cent naming him compared to to 21 per cent for Joe Biden. The poll – and a similar online poll by The Drudge Report - suggested Sanders, who is now favorite to become the party’s candidate, kept the momentum up as he was attacked on all fronts by the six other presidential hopefuls on Tuesday night in Charleston before voters cast their ballots in the South Carolina primary. Several pundits said Sanders, although hit with hard questions about his record on gun control, why he praised authoritarian socialist regimes and how he would pay for his expensive policies, was able to maintain a lead. Biden was also praised for bouncing back, as he put his stakes on winning the African-American vote in diverse South Carolina. Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden have been hailed as the winners of the Democratic debate in Charleston, while Elizabeth Warren and the night’s moderators were deemed the losers Popularity contests: Bernie Sanders secured victory by three different… Read full this story
- Democrats broke fundraising records but Donald Trump is still king when it comes to campaign money
- How Badly Did Kamala Harris Stumble at the Democratic Debate?
- Poll: Donald Trump Leads Top Democrats in 2020 Matchups
- Voters Favor Bernie Sanders Over Democratic Rivals on Health Care, Environment And Economy, New Poll Shows
- Joe Biden Responds After Bernie Sanders Says Trump Will 'Eat His Lunch' Over Iraq War, Trade Votes
- Bernie Sanders beat Democratic rivals to raise $34.5 million in the 4th quarter
- Donald Trump's divisive lawyer was once known as 'America's mayor'. What happened to Rudy Giuliani?
- The top 2020 Democrats make their cases as the Iowa caucuses near
- Is Joe Biden simply running his campaign like Hillary Clinton?
- Bernie Sanders Fights On: The Rolling Stone Interview
Bernie Sanders tops poll taken after Democratic debate for 'best case to beat Donald Trump' while pundits say Joe Biden had a good night (but the MODERATORS were the real losers) have 322 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.