Photo: Getty Images Irony, declared dead after 9/11, is alive and kicking in Trump’s America. It’s the concepts of truth and shame that are on life support. The definition of “facts” has been so thoroughly vandalized that Americans can no longer agree on what one is, and our president has barreled through so many crimes and misdemeanors with so few consequences that it’s impossible to gainsay his claim that he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it. Donald Trump proves daily that there is no longer any penalty for doing wrong as long as you deny everything, never say you’re sorry, and have co-conspirators stashed in powerful places to put the fix in. No wonder so many fear that Trump will escape his current predicament scot-free, with a foregone acquittal at his impeachment trial in the GOP-controlled Senate and a pull-from-behind victory in November, buoyed by a booming economy, fractious Democrats, and a stacked Electoral College. The enablers and apologists who have facilitated his triumph over the rule of law happily agree. John Kennedy, the Louisiana senator who parrots Vladimir Putin’s talking points in his supine defense of Trump, acts as if there will never be… Read full this story
- ‘Have to See What Happens’: Trump Dodges Commitment to Peaceful Transfer if He Loses US Election
- 'Election should END on November 3rd.' Donald Trump rages at 'crazy' Supreme Court for allowing Pennsylvania and North Carolina to count late-arriving ballots for up to nine days - claiming: 'Can you imagine what will happen?'
- Donald Trump compares himself to Churchill keeping London calm during the Nazi bombing and FDR during the depression in new defense for not telling the truth about COVID
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by Facebook - Trump combative, Biden earnest during distanced TV duel
- Georgia's profound transformation could spell trouble for Trump
- 'More information is coming': Atlantic editor-in-chief warns of more damaging revelations for Trump as he says he is 'not going to be intimidated by the president' - but VA secretary says Trump didn't call dead soldiers 'losers'
- 'Joe Biden is a criminal and you're a criminal for not reporting it!' Trump lashes out at Reuters reporter for 'failing to cover the Hunter laptop scandal
- Crowd Chants ‘Lock Him Up’ After Trump Again Accuses Obama of Spying on His 2016 Election Campaign
- Donald Trump says he backs mail-in voting in Florida because the state has a has a 'great Republican governor' and features 'low taxes' - but continues to trash Nevada's universal ballot plan
- Bolton's Book: US Trade Adviser 'Never Heard' Trump Ask for Xi's Help to Win Election
What Will Happen to The Trump Toadies? have 434 words, post on nymag.com at January 7, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.