Photo: Clockwise from top left: Courtesy Emily Raboteau, Anadolu Agency/Getty, Courtesy Emily Raboteau (4), Alex Coppel/Newspix/Getty, courtesy Emily Raboteau, Daniel Volpe/The New York Times/Redux, Courtesy Emily Raboteau (2), Kevin Hagen/The New York Times/Redux Some scientists say the best way to combat climate change is to talk about it among friends and family — to make private anxieties public concerns. For 2019, my New Year’s resolution was to do just that, as often as possible, at the risk of spoiling dinner. I would ask about the crisis at parent-association meetings, in classrooms, at conferences, on the subway, in bodegas, at dinner parties, while overseas, and when online; I would break climate silence as a woman of color, as a mother raising black children in a global city, as a professor at a public university, and as a travel writer — in all of those places, as all of those people. I would force those conversations if I needed to. But, it turned out, people wanted to talk about it. Nobody was silent. I listened to their answers. I noticed the echoes. I wrote them all down. January At last night’s New Year’s Eve party, we served hoppin’ John. Nim said that… Read full this story
- White People Are Upset That Amazon’s Alexa Believes Black Lives Matter
- Texas Talk: Ricky Williams Joins FOX Sports Live
- FOX Sports Live in the Air Over New York at Super Bowl XLVIII
- 'Strive to boost ease of living'
- FS Live Countdown: Scary LeBron is back, Tom Brady’s future and more
- Teeth of world's largest prehistoric shark that lived over 2.5 million years ago found in inland underwater sinkhole in Gulf of Mexico
- Rays’ Jesse Crain throws live BP in effort to return
- Nova at St. Thomas Aquinas to stream live on FOXSportsFlorida.com
- Caught On Camera: NASCAR Next Driver Meets Last Living Munchkin
- VU coach Talley saves lives with marrow donation
This Is How We Live Now have 312 words, post on nymag.com at January 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.