Seth Meyers on Wednesday night took on President Donald Trump’s address to the nation about the prospect of war with Iran. “This speech swung wildly from bluster to threats to offerings of peace to flat-out lies,” the Late Night host said. “In fact, you’ll never guess who Trump blamed for the military conflict he provoked by assassinating a top Iranian general.” Meyers went on to hit Trump for repeating an “insane talking point” his Republican allies and Fox News pundits have been spreading this week, placing the blame on President Barack Obama. “The missiles fired last night at us and our allies were paid for with the funds made available by the last administration,” Trump said in his speech. “You’re blaming Obama for this?!” Meyers asked. “First of all, he pursued diplomacy with Iran. Second, the guy’s been out of office for three years. He’s been busy wind-surfing, whitewater rafting and gradually unbuttoning his shirt one button at a time.” Citing an Associated Press fact check, Meyers called Trump’s claim about Obama giving Iran billions of dollars a “lie that has been repeatedly debunked.” But “it doesn’t matter to these guys because they’re all obsessed with Obama,” he said of… Read full this story
- US Reimposes All Iran Sanctions Lifted Under Nuclear Deal
- Fact Check: Trump's Claim's on Cohen, Clean Air, Taxes
- Back-to-Back Legal Blows in Trump Circle Jolt Presidency
- Trump EPA Acts to Roll Back Control on Climate-Changing Coal
- Federal Judge in Texas Strikes Down Affordable Care Act, Trump Pushes for New Law
- Lashing out at opponents, Trump bashes the FBI and threatens to intrude on the Russia investigation
- US Appeals Court Won't Immediately Allow Trump Asylum Ban
- US Lashes Out at Iran as World Leaders Gather at UN
- US: Iran Should Still Comply With Nuke Deal Trump Derided
- Trump calls Mueller's Russia probe 'a disaster for our country'
Seth Meyers Tears Into Trump for Blaming Iran Mess on Obama have 309 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at January 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.