Late-night hosts covered Donald Trump’s controversial decision to order a drone strike to kill the Iranian general Qassem Suleimani, referring to it as “reckless” and “extreme”. Seth Meyers On Late Night, Seth Meyers started his first show of the year by claiming that “2020 is already the worst”. Trump and his administration have tried to justify the assassination by claiming it was ordered to stop a war. “You can’t just kill a top general of a sovereign nation and call it de-escalation,” he said. “That’s like getting drunk and driving your car into a Kmart and then telling the cops ‘I did it to stop my car.’” On Fox & Friends, the decision was defended with the explanation that we should trust the intelligence agencies who supported it. “I’m not inclined to trust an administration that lies about everything,” Meyers said. He countered: “Clearly this was a reckless act by an impulsive president who hasn’t thought through the consequences.” Reports suggest that the killing of Suleimani was presented as the most extreme part of a menu of options to Trump and his people were surprised that he picked it. “Did you guys not get a briefing on him?” he said…. Read full this story
- Donald Trump calls Iran attack on US drone a 'big mistake'
- Trump summons security team, calls Iran attack ‘big mistake’
- Syria calls U.S. missile attack ‘reckless’ and ‘irresponsible’
- Pompeo says US is working on Iran diplomacy after ‘act of war’
- Kamala Harris says Donald Trump described the raid which killed al-Baghdadi 'like he was watching a video game'
- More Than Half Of Saudi Oil Output Hit After Drone Attacks On Aramco Plants
- Chances of war with Iran are rising. And Donald Trump is to blame
- Kamala Harris blasts Trump's al-Baghdadi press conference: Like 'commentary on a video game'
- Oil prices jump on drone attack on Saudi Aramco facilities
- Trump Now Says He’ll Delay Massive ICE Raids For 2 Weeks
Seth Meyers on Trump's Iran attack: 'A reckless act by an impulsive president' have 322 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 7, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.