The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will no longer use their HRH titles and will repay millions of pounds of taxpayers’ money spent refurbishing Frogmore Cottage as the price of a ‘Hard Megxit’ deal, it was dramatically announced last night. Under the terms of the historic deal thrashed out at Sandringham yesterday, the pair, who will be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, will cease to be working members of the Royal Family from this spring and will not perform any official duties on behalf of the Queen – effectively leaving ‘The Firm’ completely. The move will see Harry drop all of his official military positions and the couple will also spend the majority of their time in North America, a source told ITV. The shock statement was announced by the Queen - but minutes later the couple sparked confusion when they updated their own website and signed off as ‘Their Royal Highnesses’. The announcement by Kensington Palace marks the conclusion of talks about their future after days of wrangling with senior members of the family and royal aides to thrash out a deal. But Harry and Meghan, who sources say intend to spend ‘the majority’… Read full this story
- Prince Harry, Meghan's Home Renovations Cost Taxpayers $3M
- Sussex Royal shares a cheeky Instagram snap of Invictus Games competitor making the V sign behind Prince Harry's head - joking that the team 'works hard and plays hard'
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reveal son to the world
- Meghan Markle pregnant as Prince Harry to become father for first time
- Meghan Markle receives sympathy from Kate Middleton, royal expert claims: 'She wants to patch things up'
- Prince William’s concerns over Meghan Markle ‘went down quite badly' with Prince Harry, says royal expert
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry considering move to Africa after birth of royal baby, says report
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry team up with Prince William, Kate Middleton to launch a new project together
- Royal fury: How Prince Philip was ‘not amused when Prince Harry tried to shirk his duties’
- Meghan Markle’s face lights up as she’s reunited with her wedding dress
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle officially quit royal life, drop their HRH titles and pledge to REPAY £2.4m spent on Frogmore Cottage as it's revealed they will spend the majority of their time in North America have 350 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 18, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.