The Peabody Awards will be held for the first time in Southern California, the Peabody organization said today. The ceremony is scheduled to take place at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on Thursday, June 18, 2020.
The awards honor stories from broadcasting, digital media, entertainment, the documentary world and news programming.
“As the country struggles to find its footing in challenging times, the power of media narratives becomes paramount. Peabody provides a much-needed role as curator of the best stories that should be watched and heard, especially as the media landscape continues to evolve and becomes even more crowded with content and distribution platforms,” said Jeffrey Jones, executive director of Peabody. “Moving the ceremony to Los Angeles reflects the evolution of Peabody’s commitment to celebrating the meaningful and significant narratives about pressing social issues, right in the world’s capital of content creation.”
The Peabody program is based at the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia.
Nominees for the Peabodys will be announced in April, with the winners revealed in May. All nominees must receive a unanimous vote by the jurors; 60 nominees are selected, 30 of which will be honored in June.
- 2 CBS Executives Placed On Administrative Leave Following Report In Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Area Pediatricians Call For Schools to 'Immediately Reopen,' Despite State COVID Guidelines
- Meet the Bizarro Crew That Shut Down a Los Angeles Vaccine Site
- Victoria Justice places her toned midriff on display after a workout session in Los Angeles... before teasing new songs on Instagram
- Video: These Adorable Cubs Are Proof That Mountain Lions Are Reproducing Near Los Angeles
- Peabody Awards Ceremony Canceled; Winners To Be Revealed Next Week
- Peabody Awards Postponed Amid Coronavirus Crisis
- Cicely Tyson Receives Peabody Awards’ Career Achievement Honor
- EXCLUSIVE: Angelina Jolie's brother is spotted for the first time in years as he hunkers down with girlfriend in a 'seedy' LA suburb amid claims he and his famous sister have 'drifted apart' after once being inseparable
- Kobe Bryant: Los Angeles Lakers legend's five greatest NBA games
- Los Angeles residents flock to restaurants as outdoor dining reopens after two-month closure but TVs are banned in bid to stop COVID spreading during Super Bowl
- The West has a new best as Utah Jazz win and Los Angeles Clippers fall
- Jeff Goldblum gets his 'first dose' of the COVID-19 vaccine at his Los Angeles home as commenters quickly criticize the actor for his 'privilege'
- Leona Lewis keeps it casual in a sweater and jeans as she steps out for coffee with husband Dennis Jauch in Los Angeles
- Delilah Belle Hamlin grabs coffee with a pal during a shopping trip in Los Angeles... before posting lingerie photos to her Instagram account
- Welcome to 'Hotel Death': Horrors of Los Angeles hotel where 'serial killers let their hair down' are laid bare in new Netflix series that details mysterious disappearances, suicides, and grizzly murders
- One man's trash! Stella Maxwell scores a 'free' hot dog pillow curbside while walking her pup in Los Angeles
- Bobby Flay scores mid-century modern-inspired Los Angeles estate for $7.6M... as the celebrity chef collaborates with the owners to create a custom outdoor kitchen of his dreams
- Los Angeles County Covid-19 Update: Restaurant And Brewery Reopening Rules Target Super Bowl Parties
- Kyle Richards picks up an assortment of flowers during a grocery run in Los Angeles... after her case of COVID-19 'closed RHOBH set'
Peabody Awards Moving To Los Angeles For First Time In 80 Years have 546 words, post on deadline.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.