Several teams check in at the halfway point with A grades, while many others are hoping things improve from this point on by Sam Quinn Jan 15, 2020 at 3:20 pm ET • 48 min read An NBA season usually needs around 41 games to build an identity of its own. It takes months for the reality of the new to replace the expectations of the old. Nobody thought that the Portland Trail Blazers would miss the playoffs a year after reaching the Western Conference finals. Yet at the season’s halfway point, the standings are getting harder and harder to deny. Maybe Spencer Dinwiddie and Brandon Ingram really are All-Stars now. We might even make it through an entire season without a superstar forcing a trade. It’s jarring to imagine a world in which the San Antonio Spurs and Golden State Warriors aren’t in the Western Conference playoffs, or one where Russell Westbrook misses the All-Star Game, but the facts of what has played out on the court over the past three months look firmer with each passing game. This is the world we live in now. So it’s time to take stock of what has already come in an effort to… Read full this story
- Detroit Tigers midseason grades: Mostly bad, some good, in first half
- NBA superteams haven't won all the championships: 5 surprise winners
- NBA at the break: East is no longer Cavs and have-nots
- Where do Detroit Pistons' Bad Boys teams rank among NBA's greatest?
- 7 intriguing Knicks coaching candidates after team's firing of Jeff Hornacek
- NBA Summer League: Jaren Jackson Jr., Moritz Wagner standing out
- Detroit Pistons' NBA draft should ease fan angst over front office
- Lakers Scripted Drama 'Showtime,' From Adam McKay, in the Works at HBO
- LeBron James Showed Up To Last Night’s Lakers Game In Jason Voorhees Costume
- BET Upfront Slate Features 'Dream Team,' '90s Girl Group Docuseries
NBA Midseason Grades: Lakers, Bucks have surprise company among teams with highest marks have 308 words, post on www.cbssports.com at January 15, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.