A Maratha organisation has submitted a letter to the district and police authorities in Maharashtra’s Nanded, seeking a case against Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar for allegedly hurting the community’s sentiments in a washing powder advertisement, an official said on Saturday.Calling the advertisement an “insult” of the Maratha warriors, the Sambhaji Brigade on Thursday submitted the letter to Nanded District Collector and Vazirabad Police, urging them to register a case against the “Padman” actor.In the advertisement, the actor is seen playing the role of a Maratha king, who returns victorious with his army, but is admonished for his dirty clothes. The ad then shows the characters dancing around and washing their own clothes.“We received a letter from the Sambhaji Brigade on Thursday, in which they demanded that a case be filed against Akshay Kumar for hurting the community’s sentiments. We have forwarded the letter to the superintendent’s office,” in- charge of Vazirabad Police Station S S Shivale said.The actor and the detergent brand have also come under flak on social media with the #BoycottNirma hashtag trending on Twitter.
- Akshay Kumar's character Bala's dapper look
- NCP man files case over fake Ajit Pawar call
- Police files with Sergeant Iain MacNicol week 33
- Police Files with Sergeant Iain MacNicol, October 12 2018
- Police files with Sergeant Iain MacNicol week 32
- Police files, August 10, 2018
- POLICE FILES, August 17 2018
- Police files with Sergeant Iain MacNicol week 34
- Police files, August 31 2018
- Police files with Sergeant Iain MacNicol week 35
Maratha group urges police to file case against Akshay Kumar over ad have 254 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at January 11, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.