Deval Patrick, a latecomer and long-shot 2020 presidential candidate, revealed Sunday that he announced his candidacy later than expected because his wife was diagnosed with cancer. In his first 2020 campaign ad, Patrick said he wanted to announce he was running for president around the same time most of the other candidates got in the race. ‘I planned on announcing a year ago but life had other ideas,’ the former Massachusetts governor said in the ad released Sunday. ‘I was diagnosed with cancer, and we decided to put politics on hold,’ Patrick’s wife Diane, a lawyer specializing in labor and employment law, chimed in. Long-shot 2020 contender Deval Patrick revealed in his first campaign ad Monday that he announced his candidacy late because his wife was diagnosed with cancer Diane (pictured) said she encouraged her husband to get back into the political game, insisting that her health is better and she’s doing ‘well’ Patrick announced his candidacy about 8-10 months after the majority of the 14 others running. He insisted it’s ‘not too late’ as he unveiled his first ad, which will run in the four early voting states: Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina The 30-second ad showed… Read full this story
- Deval Patrick Says He’s Right on Time
- Deval Patrick raises $2.2 million in six weeks as he mounts uphill presidential campaign
- Deval Patrick rolls out six-figure ad buy in early states
- With love and gratitude' new-age guru Marianne Williamson ends her long-shot presidential campaign telling the remaining Democratic candidates she will back the winner and 'love will prevail'
- Judge Judy issues opinion on 2020 race, backs Bloomberg's presidential bid
- The 21st Democratic Presidential Candidate Has Entered the 2020 Race — Make It Stop
- Marianne Williamson Drops Out Of 2020 Race. Here's a Look Back At Her Controversial White House Run
- Hillary Clinton mocks Trump for mentioning her EIGHT times at his campaign launch saying: 'I didn't stay up late last night watching InfoWars.'
- Democrat Amy McGrath Enters 2020 With $9 Million War Chest in Senate Race Against Mitch McConnell
Long-shot Democrat Deval Patrick says in first campaign ad that he entered 2020 race late because his wife was diagnosed with cancer have 329 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 6, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.