Oscar frontrunners Joaquin Phoenix and Renée Zellweger glammed up to receive awards at the 31st Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Gala in California on Thursday. Rather than bring his live-in love is Rooney Mara, the Puerto Rican-born 45-year-old arrived to the Palm Springs Convention Center with his beloved mother, Heart Bottom. The silver-haired matriarch – who celebrated her 75th birthday on Tuesday – beamed with pride as she posed beside her most accomplished child while wearing a black-lace cocktail dress. Oscar frontrunners: Joaquin Phoenix (2-L) and Renée Zellweger (R) glammed up to receive awards at the 31st Palm Springs International Film Festival Gala in California on Thursday Having Mama Heart by his side certainly put a rare smile on Joaquin – whose hair was coiffed by groomer David Cox – as he posed in a Tarantino-style black suit with Converse low-top sneakers. Phoenix was then presented with the Chairman’s Award for his performance in Joker by his director Todd Phillips, whom he joined onstage. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Joaquin Phoenix puts protective arm around onscreen son on… Renee Zellweger took six-year break from acting because she… Share this article Share The 49-year-old filmmaker has been teasing a possible… Read full this story
- The Unexpected Secrets Behind Renée Zellweger's Epic Movie Transformations
- BFI Reveals 2020 Vision Awards: ‘Bait’, ‘Saint Maud’, ‘Ammonite’ Producers Among Recipients
- Lili Reinhart is springtime come early in sumptuous Marc Jacobs floral gown at Vanity Fair Oscar Party
- Arrival Is Returning to Theaters with 8 Minutes of Bonus Footage
- After making history at Oscars, 'Parasite' director Bong Joon-Ho wants to make a musical
- 10 Celebrities Who Are Leading the Charge to Protect Our Planet
Joaquin Phoenix and Renee Zellweger glam up to receive awards at the Palm Springs Film Festival have 270 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 3, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.