The family of a man who went missing several weeks ago in the waters of the Indian Ocean surrounding the popular French tourist destination La Reunion, have identified a bracelet found in the stomach of a 3.4-meter tiger shark, along with several human body parts, news agency AFP reports. The predator was caught under a preventive fishing programme targeting apex predators near the island, which has witnessed 11 fatal attacks in the past 9 years. © AFP 2019 / Oliver MorinVideo: Surfer Rescued After Being Attacked by Shark in Southern CaliforniaAfter the fish was dissected by researchers, two human arms were identified. Their state suggested that they had been devoured less than 48 hours before the shark was captured. However, it is unclear whether the man was killed by the shark or it ate his body after he drowned. Earlier this year, a similar gruesome discovery – a forearm in the stomach of another tiger shark – was made after a Scottish man went missing from a snorkeling lagoon on La Reunion. A wedding ring from the hand was identified by his wife.
- Microplastics and man-made fibres from disposable face masks are found in the guts of sharks that live near the seabed off the Cornish coast
- Sharks 'functionally extinct' at 20% of world's coral reefs as fishing drives global decline
- Are basking sharks in the UK and what do they eat?
- Swimmer catches an 8-foot SHARK with his bare hands… and pulls its mouth open ‘to pose for pics’
- Why Do We Still Fantasize About Being Eaten by Sharks?
- Giant 16-foot long dolphin that lived 25million years ago was an apex predator that feasted on 'large-bodied prey' just like a killer whale
- World Nature Conservation Day: Protecting Mumbai's marine fauna
- Can YOU guess these animals from their bones? Oregon zoo posts beautiful (and creepy) X-rays of its residents taken during routine health checks
- A Plague Is an Apocalypse. But It Can Bring a New World.
- On the prowl: CCTV reveals cop-killing traveller trio cruising around looking for items to steal... hours before they dragged PC Andrew Harper to death after he tried to stop them making off with quad bike
Human Arms Discovered in Dissected Killer Shark Caught in Indian Ocean have 347 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 1, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.